Switching OH4 from SNAPSHOT release to stable

I am running a Linux repository installation and switched to the SNAPSHOT a few months ago to take advantage of some development work. I’m looking to move back now and have updated my openhab.list file using the suggested command:

echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/openhab.gpg] https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list

And confirmed the file is updated to stable main. But running apt update and upgrade commands are not pulling the stable release for installation. Apt update shows it is polling for the stable release. Am I missing a step?

Try this:

sudo apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes openhab
or
sudo apt-get install openhab=4.1.1-1

Otherwise uninstall openhab and install it.

First option did not work but the second did. Thank you! (NO interest in reinstalling haha!!)

In fact it’s only a

sudo apt remove openhab
sudo apt install openhab

and nothing to worry about :slight_smile: all configuration will persist (even persistence data should stay as is)
But forcing to install a specific version will work almost every time anyway :slight_smile:

:+1:t3: Thank you for the correction @Udo_Hartmann but it does always make me a bit uneasy (even if this is unjustified)