I am in the next scenario:
- A gateway is reading sensors at a remote home.
- I need to read such values from time to time to analyze evolution over time (i.e. temperature along last two years).
- From time to time gateway loses connectivity but I must still be able to analyze existing data.
I have designed in my mind:
- A cloud server “like a completely new gateway”
- The remote “gateway” syncs sensors reads whenever internet connection exists
- When connection is lost, I still can read past values from the cloud. When connection is regained, non-uploaded data is re-synced to the cloud server.
In short. Is this possible? If so, how? I had though about some kind of rsyncing folders or daatabases but I am not familiar with openHAB and I am exploring the possibility of doing this. I was using Jeedom but it does not work like this and have not been able to replicate data from one gateway to the cloud.
Thanks in advance,