Synology: Docker image (Debian, 2.5.0) fails (web interface)

Hi,

I just tried downloading & starting the “latest” Debian Docker inside my Synology DS716+ - other images are running fine, so I thought I might give it a try to replace my Raspberry in the future. I am using solely the Synlogy Docker UI. Not the console ATM.

Downloading is fine (as it should be). When creating a new container I chose the default values without touching anything. Vanilla, you could say. Starting the container is fine until the web interface seems to be prepared.

Things like this:

Suppressed: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Could not transfer artifact org.openhab.ui.bundles:org.openhab.ui.dashboard:jar:2.5.0 from/to openhab (https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/mvn/online-repo/2.5/): dl.bintray.com

Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.ui.bundles:org.openhab.ui.dashboard:jar:2.5.0

Does anybody know whether the current 2.5.0 image currently has issues? Or did I forget to set up anything? As I said: I am not linking internal directories to an external ones.

Thank you.

openhab-250-docker.log (16.6 KB)

I’ve been running OH in Docker for years and have experienced no similar problems. But I don’t run on Synology and I know many have difficulty doing so.

Running OH in Docker on Synology for some time without any issues. Have never seen this log messages. But I have to admit I’m still an m5 and not the latest release. What exactly is the command you used to start the container?

I’m running the 2.5.0 release from the official docker image on Synology without problems.

Perhaps there’s something wrong with your DNS?
According to your logging dl.bintray.com is an unknown host:

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: dl.bintray.com

Very Basic Config via Docker Synology UI

Is it possible that you downloaded an Custom Image ?!?

Maybe you’ll have better luck starting the container from the console. When it is started you can still use the Synology UI to interact with the container. I had luck with the following docker-compose.yml file:

version: '2.2'

services:
  openhab_test: #name of the service
    container_name: openhab_test
    image: "openhab/openhab:2.5.0-debian"
    restart: always
    network_mode: host
    volumes:
      - "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"
      - "/etc/TZ:/etc/timezone:ro"
      - "./addons:/openhab/addons"
      - "./conf:/openhab/conf"
      - "./userdata:/openhab/userdata"
    environment:
      USER_ID: "1026"
      OPENHAB_HTTP_PORT: "18080"
      OPENHAB_HTTPS_PORT: "18443"
      EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS: "-Duser.timezone=Europe/Berlin -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/usbZwave"
      LC_ALL: "en_US.UTF-8"
      LANG: "en_US.UTF-8"
      LANGUAGE: "en_US.UTF-8"

Save that file in the folder you wish to contain th econfiguration. You can then start the container with (possibly using sudo)

docker up -d

If it doesn’t work straight away, there is a lot more help in this thread: