Synology installation - documentation vague or inaccurate

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Synology 918+
    • JRE 8
    • openHAB version: 2.5 stable
  • Issue of the topic: configuration files not found, documentation vague, what user

Trying to follow the documentation, but it states that the installation will be in /volume1/@appstore/openHAB2

but it seems the package is installed in /volume1/@appstore/openHAB/

and the deamon user created is openhab (not openhab2).

I managed to get zwave binding up to get controller switch visible in paperUI but can not find any conf files written anywhere.

Where are the files supposed to be?

if you didn’t create /volume1/public/openHAB/ then they’re probably in the @appstore/openHAB folder

Well, I am trying to follow the documentation. It says “/volume1/public/openHAB2/conf/” If that is incorrect perhaps a change is needed. Would love to make the small effort to the git-repo for it when this is sorted out.

Perhaps I am assuming incorrectly that that the conf/things/ should contain something when paperUI displays three Zwave “things” ?

unless you created the things file yourself, paperui-created things live elsewhere.
off the top of my head /volume1/public/openHAB/userdata/jsondb i think…but its not gonna be particularly readable.

OK, thank you. That explained things a little bit. Tried simplest form of sitemap and it is picked up from /volume/public/openHAB/conf/ , visible in basicUI.

If this is default behaviour when choosing public option when installing, I propose to change the documentation.

Maybe it’s slightly off topic, but if you’re doing a new installation on Synology, I would suggest going with a docker install instead. It is much simpler to sett up because almost all installation steps are contained in the docker image. This gives you a very portable installation.