Synology Surveillance Station Binding

I checked, the camera you mentioned supports the Onvif protocol. I also wrote above that I also have problems with the Surveillance Station widget. Have you tried it with the ipcamera binding? But then you have to uninstall the binding “org.openhab.binding.synologysurveillancestation-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”.

Any reason why they can not both be installed at the same time? Some cameras can talk to multiple devices at the same time, whilst others can only speak to one binding or NVR device without issues. Worse case you should only need to press the PAUSE button on the thing to stop the other binding from talking to the device whilst you try another binding in case the camera itself can not talk to multiple bindings.

No, I don’t know why. But I read that somewhere here and now I’m just trying to help Darko. You’re the expert here and you probably know it better than I do. Then it’s okay with me if you support Darko with his problem.

a) I’m not tech support, but I’m happy to post when help and clarification is needed if someone opens a new dedicated thread.
b) Huge thanks to you helping out another user, don’t take my comments as aimed at you. I’m busy and will make short posts to make this quick.
b) High jacking a thread should not happen. If someone wants help, they should open their own new thread and no posting should happen on this one.

Don’t expect others to spend time helping, if you don’t try first. Recommend you read the documentation for the IP Camera binding as a first step as your cameras should work just fine. As for the binding in that this thread is about I have no experience with it.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support but it was never the intention to hijack any post. It all started with a question if @adm105 managed to make the widget for the binding, since I tried to do so and failed. However from the discussions it seems we do have common problems, although bit bigger on my side.

And as probably everyone on the forum, free time is always an issue. I have this binding installed for almost 2 years now but since my logic far was to configure the OH system as automatic as possible I never had time or put bigger effort so far to take the benefits so far. Same story witt the IP camera binding, it is installed for about the same duration as the Synology binding but I didn’t configure any cameras sunce I planned to try the Synology binding first, because as I understand the CPU load could increase when using some functionality. I breafly tried it but failed to get the video, which is probably related to some firewall rules I have related to the cameras.

Now back to the problems I face with the widget, when I post the link of the snapshot in Google Chrome, I get the last snapshot, however in OH UI and Android App theere is no refresh. So when the app or webpage is first started I get the snapshot, but refreshing it fails.

As mentioned before I am not in hurry so I will have a look in the issue when the weather gets worse :slight_smile:

System :
Raspi 4 4GB Openhab version: 3.4.0 buildString: “Build #2975
Synology 218+ DSM 7.1-42661 Update 2
Camera Foscam R2 as ONVIF

Hello
I installed the Bridge to the surveillance station on the syn 218+ and get the fault message „407“ and “Thread HomeMode”.
Ip is 192.168.1.55 port 5000

Is there any setting wrong?
best regards
Wolf

2022-06-28 09:15:55.721 [ERROR] [ternal.webapi.request.SynoApiRequest] - RESPONSE: {"error":{"code":407},"success":false}
2022-06-28 09:15:55.723 [ERROR] [tation.internal.thread.SynoApiThread] - DeviceId: Bridge; Thread: HomeMode; Attempt to reconnect failed

According to the API, 407 means “max.tries reached if autoblocking is set to true”. Please check your settings/credentials or create a dedicated user for this purpose. If it’s still not working, I can look into it later…
BR Pav

1 Like

That‘s it. Thanks a lot

Because snapshot, Homemode and camera activation is working pretty well, I try to move or zoom the camera via Synology station. Is there anything else I have to arrange besides storing the command „LEFT“ in the move item, maybe in the NAS? The camera is not moving anyway.
Wolf

I assume you can move your camera from within Surveillance Station already.
For moving your camera using this bundle, please link your Move channel and send one of following commands to this channel: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, HOME (with a rule or a sitemap button).

System :
Raspi 4 4GB Openhab version: 3.4.0 buildString: “Build #2975
Synology 218+ DSM 7.1-42661 Update 2
Camera Foscam R2 as ONVIF

I can move the camera from within the Surv. Station in all directions (left,right,up and down), but it does not react to any command via the “move” ITEM.

FoscamKameraFlur_Move.sendCommand("UP")

I set three preset positions (Door,Window,Shelf) and a Control tour (Tour-1) with 60 sec dwelltime in every position(three Positions) in the Surveillance Station.
The camera moves to all Preset Positions via command

FoscamKameraFlur_Movetopreset.sendCommand("Door")

The camera traces “Tour-1” and also stopps at every point with command

FoscamKameraFlur_Runpatrol.sendCommand("Tour-1")

there is one cycle of the tour and you can’t stop the cycle with any command (right ??).
When the tour is finished just restart it with the same command without any command change.

Everything fine so far except the move.

Oh that’s bad… I don’t have a ptz camera and can’t test it right away.
I don’t see any obvious errors in the code. Please try
START_UP / STOP_UP instead, this could be the right method for your case.

This part of code is one of the oldest implementing the earliest API available. Then it wasn’t possible to stop patrols. With new API version it should be possible but it would require refactoring I can’t test. But if you need this function and/or you’re willing to contribute to this project, I can look into it sometime :wink:

„START_LEFT“ and „STOP_LEFT“ works perfectly. Thanks a lot.
I am fine so far, but if I can support you with my ptz camera, please tell me how I can go ahead. I don‘t know how to join the project.
Regards
Wolf

1 Like

I’m glad it worked after all! :grinning:

If you’re into coding, you can participate on GitHub as you wish.
If you’re not but you need some function of Surv.Station not yet implemented in this bundle, please don’t hesitate to contact me again.

BR Pav

Are there issues with the motion detection of this binding? I’m using the latest jar, with OH 3.4.0, and Surveillance Station 9. I have the camera setup to do motion detection in the SS app, I can see snapshots of the camera in OH, but motion detect never seems to change state.

My items - which work, except for motion:

Switch CAM_Front_Event_Motion "Camera front motion event" {channel="synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:6:event#motion"}
Image Surveillance_Snapshot "Snapshot" {channel="synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:6:common#snapshot"}
Number:Dimensionless Surveillance_MD_Sensitivity "Motion detection sensitivity" {channel="synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:6:md-param#md-param-sensitivity"}

Any ideas?

I’ve just tested it on my setup (DSM 7.0-41890, SSS 9.0.1-7673) and it worked as intended.
Please check your event refresh rate, it should be greater than zero.

Yeah, the even refresh rates were copied from the example. I can’t figure this out. Any tips on how I could debug this?

Bridge synologysurveillancestation:station:diskstation "White-NAS" [ protocol="http", host="192.168.1.211", port="5000", username="xxxx", password="xxxx", acceptSsl="false" ] {
Thing camera 6 "CAM-Front" [ refreshRateEvents=5, refreshRateSnapshot=10, refreshRateMdParam=120, snapshotStreamId=1 ]

Do you have the latest release of this bundle installed (3.3.0.202207031140)?
If not, you must use deprecated refresh-rate-events instead. Just check your UI which refresh value is shown in the Camera Thing configuration. If still not working, you can enable debug for this bundle and you should see whether events are being polled. PM me with some log if you wish.

Reboot seems to have resolved this. Of course. Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Btw @Pavion I finally upgraded my whole setup so please, no need to further maintain the older authentication scheme and sorry for having you waste your time on that.

Your binding is as useful as always and highly appreciated

1 Like