Synology Surveillance Station Binding

syno

Synology Surveillance Station Binding

This binding connects openHAB with your surveillance cameras running on Synology© DiskStation using Synology Surveillance Station API. This binding should work with any DiskStation capable of running Surveillance Station as well as with any supported camera.

Readme

This binding supports automatic discovery, most options and channels are self explaining.
You can find an extended description including textual configuration on GitHub (link).

Changelog

Version 3.3.0.202205192122

• Release for Surveillance Station 9 (fix event handling)

Version 3.1.0.202101291345

• Release supporting DSM7, first to be published on Marketplace.

Resources

Latest release JAR: https://github.com/nibi79/synologysurveillancestation/releases/download/3.3.0.202205192122/org.openhab.binding.synologysurveillancestation-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

For older releases (below DSM7) or OH2.x support please check the release section on GitHub (link).

Authoring and support

This binding was developed by @Nibi79 and @Pavion.
It’s a stable but rather stale binding with limited support. If you encounter any issues, please use this thread or create an issue on GitHub (link).

6 Likes

Hello Pavion,

I installed your binding in my openhab 3.2.0 setup using connecting to a synology DS220 with DSM7.0.1.
Installation went without probelms and the plan was to use the snapshot function to get a snapshot of a webcam using an external trigger.
I expected that when using htis function, a snapshot would be returned but this only seems to work if the snapshot refresh rate is set to > 0, is this correct?
The refresh rate was set to zero because I don’t want to waste bandwidth.

Please advise, Ben

Hi Ben!
Now it’s up to you and your setup :slight_smile:
You can:

• use snapshot with refresh rate (which sure wastes bandwidth but may be useful for storing security pictures away)
  • use snapshot w/o refresh rate and send REFRESH (manually or with a rule) to this item and obtain a snapshot
  • use other channels with stream URIs for sitemap / image widgets and so on, which are rendered only if you’re on this page (many widgets allow to specify refresh rates too), see my readme on for more information about available channels and possible transformations

BR Pav

Hi Pavion,

The REFRESH did the trick !

Out of curiosity I searched the WIKI but cannot find any reference to it, or did I miss something?

-ben

Hi Ben! I’m glad you’ve found your solution :slight_smile:
Just in case…, I was referring to this section: https://github.com/nibi79/synologysurveillancestation/tree/master#sitemap
The second to last entry shows the usage of mjpeg channel with a custom refresh rate on sitemap.
BR Pav

Hi Pav

Will the binding support Surveillance Station 9

/Mike

Sorry, my notifications seem to be broken somehow…
If you mean the lack of events, there is now a Quick’n’Dirty fix available on GitHub:

Feedback appreciated - and needed!
BR Pav

1 Like

It is working for me now! And again many thx for the quick support!

1 Like

Thanks for feedback @Simon_B!

I’ve updated this thread with the new version.
Note: if this bundle is installed via UI you have to uninstall and install it again.
Using .jar, please delete the old file and check whether the old version is properly uninstalled via Karaf.

BR Pav

1 Like