Tado binding stopped working after software update

Hi, everyone!

After upgrade software on tado AC control, I lost control it from openHAB. By tado APP everything working. I can see the commands in openHAB which was sent by Tado App, but when I’m trying to send command by openHAB, looks like tado AC control ignore the command or not receiving, I see this in events.log:

2022-01-25 11:45:36.059 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' received command DRY
2022-01-25 11:45:36.060 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' predicted to become DRY
2022-01-25 11:45:36.061 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' changed from OFF to DRY
2022-01-25 11:45:41.332 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' changed from DRY to OFF
2022-01-25 11:45:42.145 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' received command FAN
2022-01-25 11:45:42.146 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' predicted to become FAN
2022-01-25 11:45:42.147 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' changed from OFF to FAN
2022-01-25 11:45:47.406 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'tado_hvac_mode' changed from FAN to OFF

And I don’t hear a peep sound from AC control, confirming that command received. One more interesting thing, that OFF command (if I turn it ON by Tado APP and OFF by OpenHab), Tado AC control receiving very well, only when I am trying to turn it ON (from OFF to HEAT, for example) it not receiving commands. Before upgrade everything worked fine. Unfortunately, Tado does not support the API. What could it be? Sorry for my english.

Just found in openhab.log:

2022-01-25 17:09:59.828 [WARN ] [ado.internal.handler.TadoZoneHandler] - Could not apply HVAC change on home 680446 and zone 1: Operation updateZoneOverlay failed with error 422
org.openhab.binding.tado.internal.api.ApiException: Operation updateZoneOverlay failed with error 422
	at org.openhab.binding.tado.internal.api.client.HomeApi.updateZoneOverlay(HomeApi.java:625) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.tado.internal.handler.TadoZoneHandler.setOverlay(TadoZoneHandler.java:110) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.tado.internal.TadoHvacChange.apply(TadoHvacChange.java:123) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.tado.internal.handler.TadoZoneHandler.lambda$0(TadoZoneHandler.java:303) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Same api exception, always when I’m trying to send any command by openHAB, except command OFF to HVAC Mode - just this command working now.

Can me help somebody? Why it not working anymore? What can I do?

Hello, I also had the issue with the Tado AC Binding. It was not working anymore with Openhab. I found help on Github. There are a few guys working on this issue and I try to test the new binding. It would be great to have another person to test the new binding.

The latest version (jar file) is working again with my openhab. But some command seem to be tricky.

If you want to test the jar, select to uninstall the release version of the Tado binding in your OH Settings UI under Bindings. Then take the jar file from the zip from the github link, and drop it in the ‘add-ons’ folder on your OH system.