Tahoma Binding compatible with OH2

Hello,

is here someone having venetian blinds (internal or external) and willing to test my new binding version?
I’ve added support for strap (lamella) orientation and getting orientation state. (a new channel which other things do not have)

The latest development version is downloadable from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qkcr33yb4h7ykb/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

If it’s working, I’ll push it to official OpenHAB2 PR

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t have Apple products at home, just a business smartphone. Therefore I cannot help with home kit.

No Venetian blinds either. But a big thanks Ondrej for your great work!

I’ll test it during next weekend and let you know … :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but is a binary of the openHAB 1.x available for download?

Which hardware do I need to connect OH2 with my IO-controlled sunshades? As I cannot find a detailed docu on this I would like to ask here if these devices would work:

Somfy TaHoma-Box Premium V2

or

Somfy Connexoon

Which hardware are you using?

Thanks for any hints!

I am using connexoon for my external venetian blinds and everything works perfectly … i assume bith tahoma and connexoon use the same Web API, so at the end it really doesn’t matter for openhab integration

Exactly - this binding was formerly dedicated to Tahoma users, but some users confirmed Connexoon uses the same API exposed by TahomaLink and it is working for them too.

strap orientation works at 100%.
thanks again for a perfect update!

Hi Ondrej you seem to have gathered mastership. Would it also possible to read the SunIO Light Sensors? I am using 3 of them. If you wanted to give it a try I can provide data needed if you point me where to find (I am not very experienced).

Of course - just PM me your getSetup response (trace level) and I’ll do my best to include it in the binding :grinning:

Please excuse I am Newby. Can you guide me howto getSetup? Many thanx

Sure, see PM

Hi guys,

I just got my TaHoma Box today and installed all my Somfy io Rollershutters and Awnings. In addition I have roof windows with roller shutters from Velux that also follow the Somfy io-standard.

The roller shutters also work like a charm and the windows have been detected as unsupported device. Is there any change to get these also integrated into the binding?

Thanks for all the good work.

Hi, just PM me the information about the unsupported device from your log. There should be also information about commands which this device accepts. I’ll add the support.
Thanks

Hi Ondrej,

many thanks for your swift reply. You binding already detected 3 additional unknown devices which I assume to be my three roof windows.

Here is the log:

09:23:12.800 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: Window
09:23:12.801 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Supported commands: { close (params: 0); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); identify (params: 0); open (params: 0); setClosure (params: 1); setName (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); wink (params: 1); }
09:23:12.802 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: Window
09:23:12.802 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Supported commands: { close (params: 0); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); identify (params: 0); open (params: 0); setClosure (params: 1); setName (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); wink (params: 1); }
09:23:12.804 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: Window
09:23:12.804 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Supported commands: { close (params: 0); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); identify (params: 0); open (params: 0); setClosure (params: 1); setName (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); wink (params: 1);

I guess the commands for the windows could be similar to roller shutters. Is there anything I could look for in the log as information for you?

Thanks,
Thilo

Yes, this is sufficient. I’ve prepared a new version which adds support for Windows. (including auto discovery)
Can you test is please?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qkcr33yb4h7ykb/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

Thanks.
Ondrej

Wow, that’s a fast turnaround. I am currently traveling and will be back home tomorrow evening. Will test it then and give feedback.

First of all, thanks for a great binding. I received my connexoon box yesterday and everything works like a charm.
I only miss one thing:

I got (some) of those fancy rollershutters with variable speed and the original connexoon app support a “silent” flag, if I move a shutter to a specific position. With the binding, I have no possibility to control the speed.
It would be great if that feature could be added to the binding.
I will also investigate a little bit on how that rest call should look like if you want to use “silent mode”

I did a quick research on that topic and found some information in the FEHM project.
There is a second command called “setClosureAndLinearSpeed” that accepts 2 parameters:

• position (similar to setClosure)
  • speed: a string value that represents the speed. “lowspeed” (including the quotes) seems to activate the silent mode.