Tahoma Binding compatible with OH2

Please enable trace logging for this binding and PM me the output (including binding initialization)
log:set trace org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler

The IO awnings have not been tested yet, so maybe there’s other state name than roller shutters use…

I pushed a new version which includes:

• fixes for command types used in scenarios (action groups). Now it should correctly pass the list of parameters (integer, double, string) - thanks for logs from @blazon72
  • support for a new thing: Exterior Venetian Blind

Could you upload an new JAR with his change as well, please?

The latest version is downloadable from
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

I am eagerly looking for such an add-on to avoid dependcy on Tahoma app. Thanks a lot for this.

However facing problem to get it installed. I have enabled Eclipse IoT Marketplace and also configured the same to show everything from Alpha versions onwards.

But the Somfy Tahoma Binding is not shown, neither after refresh of page nor after stop/start of Openhab server.

Alternatively it was reccommended to drag and drop from Eclipse IoT Marketplace Webpage to the Add-on page of Openhab. But this does not function either. I receive “Error 400 - Bad request” / “Extension installation failed”

My Openhab2 runs on Synology DS-216-II. Could this be source of the problems?

Any idea how to fix this or to get it installed manually?

The best approach is to download the latest snapshot from jfrog.io (see my previous post) and copy it to the addons directory of you OH2 installation.

1 Like

Hi Ondrej,

Are you by any chance czech? :slight_smile: I am untouched with openhab :frowning: just finished my installment of io-honecontrol powered windows shutters from somfy, controlled by tahoma 2.0. My aim is tu run some kind of bridges and control it by apple homekit. Is it possible? Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Martin

Hi guys,

first of all thank you so much for providing this Tahoma integration! I a newby and I had a hard day to install openHAB on my Synology, install the tahoma addOn, install and configure the opehab Cloud, install the alexa skill for openHAB and connect it with openHAB Cloud. I also conected successfully with Tahoma and can see and manage my shutters with Paper UI in OpenHAB. Unfortunately even after reading and searching for a half day I couldn’t manage to see the items as smart devices in the Alexa app and therefore my overall targetb to controll the shutters via Alexa failed. I think the cause is that I cannnot tag the items correctly with the [“Lighting”] tag. I tried to manually generate a file I called alexa.items and tried several versions without success :frowning: I’d be very glad if yomeone could help me solve this last mile. Thanks and best regards,
Stephan

Managed to create my own items file and add the required tags there. Now I can see the shutters also in the Alexa app as smart devices. Unfortunately I still can’t voice controll them. read about rules and tried to create my own rules file but still fail to voice manage my shutters. Any advice which Tag to use (I currently use [“Lighthing”] and how to build the rules file?

Just wanted to let you know I managed now to voice control the shutters via Alexa.

Thanks to the Hithub description: https://github.com/octa22/openhab2-addons/blob/somfytahoma-binding/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma/README.md

I just did not read thourgh the end and therfore did not see, that it the shutters needed to be configured as Dimmer.
2 out 3 shutters work perfectly now. Only one always stops ~ 10% before full opening. If anyone has an idea, I’d be very glad. Also happy to help the next gen of newbys (althought I am still very green).

Hi Stephan,

Any luck trying this with apple homekit? No matter what i set the item type it still shows as switch in homekit. Tried dimmer and [lighting] with no luck. Guess i need more help with homekit. Anyway thanks Ondrej for the freat work done!

1 Like

Hello,

is here someone having venetian blinds (internal or external) and willing to test my new binding version?
I’ve added support for strap (lamella) orientation and getting orientation state. (a new channel which other things do not have)

The latest development version is downloadable from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qkcr33yb4h7ykb/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

If it’s working, I’ll push it to official OpenHAB2 PR

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t have Apple products at home, just a business smartphone. Therefore I cannot help with home kit.

No Venetian blinds either. But a big thanks Ondrej for your great work!

I’ll test it during next weekend and let you know … :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but is a binary of the openHAB 1.x available for download?

Which hardware do I need to connect OH2 with my IO-controlled sunshades? As I cannot find a detailed docu on this I would like to ask here if these devices would work:

Somfy TaHoma-Box Premium V2

or

Somfy Connexoon

Which hardware are you using?

Thanks for any hints!

I am using connexoon for my external venetian blinds and everything works perfectly … i assume bith tahoma and connexoon use the same Web API, so at the end it really doesn’t matter for openhab integration

Exactly - this binding was formerly dedicated to Tahoma users, but some users confirmed Connexoon uses the same API exposed by TahomaLink and it is working for them too.

strap orientation works at 100%.
thanks again for a perfect update!