Tahoma Binding compatible with OH2

fixed. thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the work, going to take a look at it when back from holidays! Really appreciate this since I didnā€™t had the time to write it myself.

Thanks!

Thanks to @hakan who tested the latest version of this binding, helped integration of awnings and gave me improvement suggestions. Iā€™m starting a pull request to OH2 bindings master :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks to @Ondrej_Pecta for making my roller shutters work the way they were intended to work since three years agoā€¦

Now I donā€™t have to be ashamed when comparing my setup to the neighbours with their Apple Home Whatever stuff :smiling_imp:

Hi there, since I am also interested in this Tahoma Binding, could you please share the link where it can be downloaded?
thx :slight_smile:

Jenkins does build this PR and uploads it to jfrog:

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

@Ondrej_Pecta a bit more meta-work: Maybe you create a marketplace entry for your binding until the PR has been merged into master?

Good news - since today the binding is available also via Eclipse IOT Marketplace: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/somfy-tahoma-binding

1 Like

Hi @Ondrej_Pecta. Many thanks for this binding! Works pretty much like a charm.

Using the link (supplied by @hakan) Iā€™ve been able to control the actions. The action groups, bridge and gateway are available as things in the inbox. Manually I can easily add awnings. All controls works great!
However I expected the sunscreens to appear in the inbox, but the automatic discovery doesnā€™t seem to work as expected for these. Is this to be expected at this point? Iā€™m using OH 2.1.0-1 btw.

Hi, Iā€™m glad it is useful for you. Awnings should be automatically discovered too, itā€™s weird it did not happen. It seems sunscreen is a new device and I can easily add an new thing for it. Could you please PM me the debug output of this binding? There should be more info about discovered devicesā€¦thanks

Hi @Ondrej_Pecta

thanks for creating this amazing piece of software (especially if Somfy is not opening the API to get rid of the box).

Itā€™s working like charm for me with my iO roller shutters, however, it does not discover my Somfy dexxo io 800 garage door motor. Could you please check whether these can be discovered as well and add to your software?

Thanks a lot and keep this great work working. You made my day being able to now integrate the iO stuff into OpenHAB.

P.S.: Can I somehow figure out the address / url of the garage door motor myself? I would try to add it as roller shutter, but I have no idea where to get the info from to create a io:// address.

Of course I can add it, just PM me trace (not debug) log from this binding, Iā€™ll check it and create a new thing for it :slight_smile:
the important JSON sentence contains uiClass variable containing device type and a list of commands which can be sent to this device

Sure!

Could you please just let me know how I can create a debug output only for your binding? If I go in Karaf and do log:set debug and then log:tail I see too much output and cannot get the one for your binding.

Thanks

this should be sufficient:
log:set trace org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler

Good news - the latest version adds support for exterior screens and garage doors.
(the latest version is downloadable from https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)

2 Likes

Any chance to support Exterior Venetian Blinds? That would be awesome ! :wink:

19:57:09.531 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: ExteriorVenetianBlind
19:57:09.532 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: ExteriorVenetianBlind
19:57:09.532 [WARN ] [oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Detected a new unsupported device: ExteriorVenetianBlind

No doubt Somfy has many useful devices - I wish I had a list of them :slight_smile:
Of course I will add the support, I assume a ā€œrollershutter likeā€ control. Iā€™ll let you know when itā€™s ready for testingā€¦

Thanks a million!
I assume either roller shutter or external screen to be the closest match.
I am not sure if tou would be able to support to manage the angle of the lists, but making them up/down and set the vertical position (in %) would be great as such.

Even changing angle of the lists support might be added afterwards, but it would mean some support from your side - I mean sending me a trace log generated by this binding :slight_smile: There must be some special command extending the standard roller shutter set, I guess something like setAngle expecting value of 0-180 as a parameter? :wink:

Hey Ondrej,

Awesome work! :slight_smile:

Quick question, when I send UP/DOWN commands to the awning it doesnā€™t seem to update the position. I see this error in the log:

[oma.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Device: io://nnnn-nnnn-nnnn/xxxxxxxx has not returned any state

Any idea why that is?

In somfy connectā€™s website I see the state/position correctly.

Thanks,
P

Thanks a million, @Ondrej_Pecta !!
Works perfectly