Tahoma Binding compatible with OH2

Hi,
I have prepared a new version with these changes:

• added HTTP keep-alive
  • listens to events rather than polling states for each device

I hope this will solve the your connection problems (and also sends fewer messages to TahomaLink cloud, so it spares your internet bandwith and CPU :-))
Could you please test it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx3gq8aa0f06bc6/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

thanks.
Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

thanks for the lighting fast update! Iā€™ve deployed it just now and will monitor it.

Kurt

Hi,

Iā€™ve added basic support for HeatingSystem thing (with target_temperature, current_temperature and battery_level channels) . Autodiscovery should work too.
Could you please test it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx3gq8aa0f06bc6/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

thanks.
O.

I got this error when I try to add an auto-discovered thing (PaperUI / INBOX):

21:09:32.603 [WARN ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type somfytahoma:heatingsystem.
21:10:08.439 [ERROR] [thome.core.thing.binding.ThingFactory] - Thing factory (class org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma.internal.SomfyTahomaHandlerFactory) returned null on create thing when it reports to support the thing type (somfytahoma:heatingsystem).

Best,
Roth

You are right, I think Iā€™ve fixed it.
Please, download the latest snapshot
Thanks for testing.
Ondrej

Added properly!

It looks like ā€œcurrent_temperatureā€ linked Item is always NULL.
I waited for 30 minutes, but it is still NULL.

Thanks,
Roth

Iā€™ve found the bug.
Please redownload it once more from

current_temperature should be working now.
Please let me know if itā€™s working.
Thanks.
Ondrej

At startup ā€œcurrent_temperatureā€ is NULL and then it gets updated. So the ā€˜mechanismā€™ looks OK.
However, the value is divided by 100 (ie: its value is 0.19 instead of 19).

Concerning ā€œtarget_temperatureā€ at startup the value is OK (ie: 19 for 19Ā°C) but then it get updated to a decimal one, divided by 100 (ie: 0.19).

So, for me it looks like there is just this ā€˜decimal issueā€™ to solve.

Thank you!
Roth

Hi Ondrej,
Thank you for this nice binding.
I am just testing it for few days and discover new unsupported io devices in the log :
2018-04-18 17:47:05.827 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Detected a new unsupported device: HeatingSystem
2018-04-18 17:47:05.827 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Supported commands: { cancelHeatingLevel (params: 1); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); identify (params: 0); off (params: 0); refreshHeatingLevel (params: 0); setHeatingLevel (params: 1); setHeatingLevelWithTimer (params: 2); setName (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); wink (params: 1); setHeatingLevelForTrigger (params: 1); }
2018-04-18 17:47:05.829 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Device states:
{name=ā€˜core:NameStateā€™, type=3, value=GMDE_Zone2}
{name=ā€˜core:VersionStateā€™, type=3, value=5600012e000020202020}
{name=ā€˜core:PriorityLockTimerStateā€™, type=1, value=0.0}
{name=ā€˜io:TargetHeatingLevelStateā€™, type=3, value=frostprotection}
{name=ā€˜core:OnOffStateā€™, type=3, value=on}
{name=ā€˜core:StatusStateā€™, type=3, value=available}
{name=ā€˜core:RSSILevelStateā€™, type=2, value=100.0}
{name=ā€˜io:MaximumHeatingLevelStateā€™, type=3, value=unknown}
{name=ā€˜io:TimerForTransitoryStateStateā€™, type=1, value=65535.0}
2018-04-18 17:47:06.916 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Supported commands: { close (params: 0); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); getOpenClose (params: 0); identify (params: 0); lock (params: 0); open (params: 0); refreshLockedUnlocked (params: 0); setLockedUnlocked (params: 1); setName (params: 1); setOpenClosed (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); unlock (params: 0); wink (params: 1); }

2018-04-18 17:47:06.917 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Device states:
{name=ā€˜core:NameStateā€™, type=3, value=ā€œLock_01ā€}
{name=ā€˜core:RSSILevelStateā€™, type=2, value=86.0}
{name=ā€˜core:LockedUnlockedStateā€™, type=3, value=locked}
{name=ā€˜core:OpenClosedStateā€™, type=3, value=closed}

2018-04-18 17:47:06.132 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Supported commands: { close (params: 0); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); getOpenClose (params: 0); identify (params: 0); lock (params: 0); open (params: 0); refreshLockedUnlocked (params: 0); setLockedUnlocked (params: 1); setName (params: 1); setOpenClosed (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); unlock (params: 0); wink (params: 1); }
2018-04-18 17:47:06.132 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Device states:
{name=ā€˜core:NameStateā€™, type=3, value=ā€œLock_02ā€}
{name=ā€˜core:RSSILevelStateā€™, type=2, value=94.0}
{name=ā€˜core:OpenClosedStateā€™, type=3, value=open}
{name=ā€˜core:LockedUnlockedStateā€™, type=3, value=unlocked}

Hope you can add this devices in your futures releases.

Best regards,

jpf

Hi, of course I can add it. It seems that your HeatingSystem thing is completely different from the one owned by @rothm
As far as I can see you canā€™t set the target_temperature nor get the current_temperature, but you can set it ON/OFF and you can set heating level state (e.g. frostprotection - not sure what are the other states)

The other two devices are pretty interesting, I have not seem them yet and I guess they are locks. It seems you have not copied all the neccessary log parts.
Could you please look for someting like "Detected a new unsupported device: " ending with the ā€œLockā€ word or something like that in your openhab.log?
thanks.

Hi, Ondrej,

Here is the missing part of the log for the 2 lock devices :

2018-04-18 17:47:06.131 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Detected a new unsupported device: DoorLock

2018-04-18 17:47:06.916 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Detected a new unsupported device: DoorLock

Best,

jpf

Great!
It is exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:
These things are very easy to add since they are similar to contact sensors reporting Open/Close
Iā€™ll add them soon, the heating system is under development right now.
Thanks
Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

The Heating System device is capable of swithing two heating zone ā€œGMDE_Zone1ā€ and ā€œGMDE_Zone2ā€ from four different mode ā€œON/OFFā€, ā€œFrostProtectionā€, ā€œConfortā€, ā€œEcoā€. The temperature for the different mode ā€œEcoā€ and ā€œConfortā€ can be adjust directly on each radiator connected to the device. The device is also a load shader able to balanced the power between the two zone GMDE_Zone1 and GMDE_Zone2 to avoid cutting of ll the installation depending the power subscribed.

Below the part of the log concerning the GMDE_Zone1 which was not included in my precedent mail :

2018-04-18 17:47:05.212 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Detected a new unsupported device: HeatingSystem
2018-04-18 17:47:05.213 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Supported commands: { cancelHeatingLevel (params: 1); delayedStopIdentify (params: 1); getName (params: 0); identify (params: 0); off (params: 0); refreshHeatingLevel (params: 0); setHeatingLevel (params: 1); setHeatingLevelWithTimer (params: 2); setName (params: 1); startIdentify (params: 0); stopIdentify (params: 0); wink (params: 1); setHeatingLevelForTrigger (params: 1); }
2018-04-18 17:47:05.218 [WARN ] [very.SomfyTahomaItemDiscoveryService] - Device states:
{name=ā€˜core:NameStateā€™, type=3, value=GMDE_Zone1}
{name=ā€˜core:VersionStateā€™, type=3, value=5600012e000020202020}
{name=ā€˜io:TargetHeatingLevelStateā€™, type=3, value=frostprotection}
{name=ā€˜core:OnOffStateā€™, type=3, value=on}
{name=ā€˜core:RSSILevelStateā€™, type=2, value=100.0}
{name=ā€˜io:MaximumHeatingLevelStateā€™, type=3, value=unknown}
{name=ā€˜io:TimerForTransitoryStateStateā€™, type=1, value=65535.0}

Best,

jpf

Hi Ondrej,
after some time of monitoring, I can report that the error is unfortunately still there. :frowning:
Is there anything I can do to help finding the root cause?

Kurt

Hello,

this binding is currently under a code review from OpenHAB community members and I have to implement several changes according to valuable comments.
Changes:

• https communication is completely rewritten to use jetty library (OH standard, it might solve some connection issues)
  • action group channel ā€œtriggerā€ is renamed to ā€œexecuteActionā€
  • discovery process is now separated from the bridge functionality
  • added new things: HeatingSystem and DoorLock
  • thing states are now changed when Tahoma event is received (no periodic states polling thus lower communication)

Known issues:

• automatic things discovery does not work yet (you have to start the discovery manually)

Could someone try this version please? Donā€™t forget to backup your current working version :slight_smile: (donā€™t worry marketplace version is stable)
Thank you very much
Ondrej

Hi,

with this version, my rollershutters donā€™t go online and remain in initialization state.
Actiongroups go online.

Kurt

Thanks for testing.
I guess you have RTS devices which do not return any state, so the the binding waits for the availability status infinitely.
Could you please try this version?
Thanks

Ondrej

Hi,
youā€™re right, Iā€™m having RTS rollershutters. The updated version is discovering them and recognizes them as online.

thanks for the work!
Kurt

Hi Ondrej,

after some testing: I noticed that the actiongroups are updated partially:

I have one (RTS) actiongroup which got updated as you described in your post: Channel is now ā€œexecuteActionā€. The rest of them remained on ā€œtriggerā€. As a result the actiongroups on ā€œtriggerā€ remain linked to the original item and donā€™t fire anymore.

Kurt

Good morning,

please remove these actiongroup things (these with trigger channel) and re-add them by manual discovery.
The right channel ā€œexecuteActionā€ should appearā€¦
Thanks.
Ondrej