Tapocontrol binding is not visible in openhab 2

I have Tapo p110 smart plug and want to control this from openhab. I have

Addon path on server

/etc/openhab2/addons/

total 11996
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 12269304 Mar 4 2023 openhab-addons-legacy-2.5.12.kar
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 4709 Mar 12 15:48 org.openhab.binding.tapocontrol-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 70 Jan 27 2021 README

Under binding “TP-Link smart home” binding is available, I installed but p110 is not supported there.
I placed jar file also under addon folder but no luck.How I can install tapocontrol binding for openhab2.

Regards,
Rishi Saini

I believe the TapoControl binding was introduced in openHAB 3.2:

So you would need to upgrade.

Dear Mr. Laursen,

Hope you are doing well.

Actually I am using 1.x mqtt binding, after upgrade from OH2 to OH3, it will work as I am not using channels.

For your reference.

Switch KITCHEN “kitchen” [“Switchable”] {mqtt=“>[mosquitto:esp8266/tubelight_control:command:OFF:0],>[mosquitto:esp8266/tubelight_control:command:ON:1]”}

If there is no issue and both will work, I am happy to migrate further otherwise I have to change all the conf accordingly.

Kindly suggest

Regards,
Rishi Saini

Support for openHAB 1.x bindings was dropped in 3.0. However, there is still an MQTT binding in 3.0 and beyond.

I dare not guess how/if your setup will work after upgrading to 3.x or 4.x, and what changes you will need to make. There were several breaking changes since 2.0, so I would advise you to go through all the release notes before upgrading.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.