After learning about how myopenHAB actually works I started working on how to make tasker work with it vs the other solution I provided using telegram-cli. And I think the only two issues I faced were the authentication that is required along with a user agent being needed.
First screenshot is the Profile condition with assigned task:
The green arrow is for when I (and more importantly my wife’s phone) connect to home wifi and the red arrow is for when our phones disconnect from the home wifi.
Now for the complexity of making this operational (1st picture is the original Tasker HTTP Post method, the 2nd picture is for the new method of HTTP Request in Tasker 5.8):
Take note of what I did with the server:port entry, https is required and by using variables I can share this info to help make this easy to explain. While researching what this would take, I couldn’t get a clear idea if you have to put in ascii codes for special characters or if tasker converted things automatically (my login has a period and @ sign to account for). While I’m not going to screenshot my variables, I can confirm that I am not using any ascii codes for special characters it is typed in as if I were logging into the site with a web browser.
As a troubleshooting tip to know if you are properly logging in and updating an item (rather than hitting refresh on the browser and pulling hair out wondering why its not working) setup a flash command after your HTTP Post command and you can leverage built in tasker variables to report the HTTP status code to give you an idea of why the item state failed to update.
I have noticed an issue with my phone and am still troubleshooting it, when I arrive home everything works as intended, however when I leave something is failing and I need to kick off the task manually. Wife’s phone works flawless from what I can tell, so mileage of your profile may vary but the HTTP Post is really the important functionality.