Tasmota status issue... I think?

After all that, you could at least tell us
if you successfully linked your openHAB Items to Tasmota (last heard everything deleted),
resolved an error message about onoff,
and are successfully (or not) using a SystemBroker type Thng with Mosquitto.
?

Sorry folks

I felt it had all gone down a bit of a rabbit hole and got bound up in complex and apparently not yet supported stuff.

If I use Paper UI to add the MQTT broker and then add a generic MQTT thing thing all is well, except the system isn’t showing the basic MQTT thing offline in response to an LWT topic.

Other than that, an a little confusion, mine, over auto-update and the link profiles, it seems to work, easily.

With respect to manuals I am struggling quite a bit.
Now I am well aware that some of that is simply my lack of understanding and thus inability to look in the right places, but there are chunks that, although long and detailed seem to lack some basic qualification, almost certainly implicitly understood by the authors but very frustrating for a noob.

Case in point
 and what I am struggling with now.

I realize that the sheer scope makes giving specific examples for everything impossible, and I can also see that a huge amount of time effort and thought went into the vast quantities of data available now but I still think this explanation is lacking with respect to detail.

What is a UID and where would I find that in any of the UI, any of them, if I needed it.
I am assuming it is a construct that forms a Unique ID
I am assuming all ID’s are unique in some scope but what scope?

Is Label optional or is its omission from one definition of a “bulb” and inclusion in another impotent.

Am I correct in assuming that the UID of a bulb defined to inherit its parent bridge will be different from on defined with a reference
 Despite the functional relationship being the same.

what is @ Location and is it impotent

if

Bridge mqtt:broker:MyMQTTBroker [
] contains Thing topic sonoff_Dual_Thing “Light_Dual” @ “Sonoff”

dose that make “Light_Dual” the label and “Sonoff” the location

Furthermore is the following correct?
Thing mqtt:topic:MyMQTTBroker:sonoff_Dual_Thing (mqtt:broker:MyMQTTBroker) “Light_Dual” @ “Sonoff”

Perhaps I am just being dense but the format changes spaces to colons and no concise description of the differing syntax is making this difficult.
I have installed VS but it inst helping much with this. Perhaps its just me.

In general I think the issues, not finding references to settings, or even functional detail, and the myriad ways to do things is somewhat overwhelming.

For example consider config edits

Paper UI looks and feels great, but I cant find answers to some basic stuff and apparently neither can the folk potentially helping me.

The REST API UI interface also looks great and makes cloning stuff from configs assembled using Paper UI relay easy BUT the syntax if the configs is different so literally none of the config editing examples make much sense.
I suspect this will be the way to go but I have been persuaded to go back to files, which have to be build manually, because I cant find much in the way of docs of advice when it comes to modifying stuff accessed via the API.
I thought I would be able to pull code with the API and use it to build a file with VS, getting the best of both world but that dosnt seem to work.

Essentially it took me a few of hours to get a Sonoff to switch when I pressed a button,
Ignoring install time. but I have now been 3 days trying to find the best way to plan my system and implement it.

PLEASE dont think I am complaining, I am a little frustrated but I am frustrated with by far the most promising tool I have looked at to do what I want to do.
It inst perfect by any means, but nothing is and I suspect with enough effort and the truly awesome capabilities of the suite as a whole I will get most of what I want quickly and all of what I want at some point.

The original issue by the way
 I suspect I was coming at it literally backwards.
I think the LWT driven event is propagated from a channel to the UI, and or rules and scripts, and was never intended to reach back and mark a a device offline.

I do however think it noteworthy that some obviously knowledgeable folk who have been trying to answer my detail orientated questions don’t know that
 Functional descriptions?

When you think about it it makes sense.
Sure the manual tells you to create a generic mqtt device for each physical device but then it also defines the state topics in child objects so there is no technical reason the one generic device couldn’t be handling a bunch of physical devices, it just requires more links

Thanks folks,
don’t take my frustration as in any way indicating annoyd, or even disappointed.
I think the system is great has even greater potential when I get my head around the complexity and I really appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Al

As stated to you several times in this thread, that is as designed!