Tellstick binding for OpenHab2

Same link as the above.
I added a switch aswell as a sensor. Cant see anything about that in openhab.log, only in event.log.

I have to restart openhab in order to get the binding going, if I try to start it manually during my first run of a fresh openhab i get “Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.collect”. If i restart openhab it seems to work.

Update: It works with build 2.0.0.b4 (477). In order to get sensors and switches working I have to restart openhab (restart binding might work?) after I add them to things. Will try the latest version and see if its the same there.
Update2: Nope, did not help to restart openhab a few times :cry:
/Andreas

Openhab2 Build #624
Tellstick Binding 2.0.0.201611302012

The tellstick net bridge goes online but not the sensor things. Same as yodalainen.

[INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tellstick:telldus-live:1' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
[INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tellstick:sensor:1:486329' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING

Not sure how I may help, but my setup has been running stable for half a day now.
My setup is:

• RaspberryPi3 with latest official raspbian
  • OpenHab2 beta4 - no additional bundles than the offline package, with the exception of @jarlebh telldus
  • Oracle java - standard distro with raspbian
  • Tellstick Net to collect sensor data and telldus live

I also installed the telldus core for raspbian while searching for errors, but I don’t think it has any influence on my setup while using telldus live.
I am extremely fresh to the world of OpenHab, but may do may best to help you to replicate my working setup.

maccan,cybix32 and yodalainen please try the updated jar. Run with debug on, we should see bridgeStatusChanged in the log

1 Like

The bridge is online and the sensors is now online as well. nice work.

The sensor is still online and working.
But as you can see in the log the things in the inbox is removed after one houre.
And i have to restart the bundle to get them back if i want to and any more things.
I don’t know if it is supposed to be like that?

16:38:18.396 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemAddedEvent      ] - Item 'tellstick_sensor_1_486329_temperature' has been added.
16:38:19.011 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - tellstick_sensor_1_486329_temperature changed from NULL to 17.6
16:38:19.012 [INFO ] [home.event.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'tellstick_sensor_1_486329_temperature-tellstick:sensor:1:486329:temperature' has been added.
17:36:28.712 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:sensor:1:8849491' has been removed.
17:36:28.726 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:395575' has been removed.
17:36:28.736 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:395873' has been removed.
17:36:28.743 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:sensor:1:5360864' has been removed.
17:36:28.752 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:103470' has been removed.
17:36:28.759 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:395878' has been removed.
17:36:28.765 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:408121' has been removed.
17:36:28.770 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:395847' has been removed.
17:36:28.776 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:191111' has been removed.
17:36:28.782 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:191067' has been removed.
17:36:28.788 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:1162539' has been removed.
17:36:28.793 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:103825' has been removed.
17:36:28.797 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:sensor:1:520166' has been removed.
17:36:28.805 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:switch:1:103822' has been removed.
17:36:28.808 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent   ] - Discovery Result with UID 'tellstick:sensor:1:9330506' has been removed.

Hmm, I see. Maybe I need to always refresh the the inbox when a scan is performed. Not sure if that has any other bad effects.

Seems to be working now!

Great work!

Great work!

I have updated and I got my sensors working and some switches as well. Will try and test all my stuff this weekend.

/Peter

Sorry if this is a amature question, but i’m quite new to openhab 2 and brand new to Tellstick. But this was the only place were the discussion was about this driver and .net
I have the Tellstick NET with Openhab 2.0.0.4b with the defaualt driver that comes with it.
When i add the binding it does not discover anything and i manually add the Teldus Live Gateway, is this correct?
If so, were do i get all the configuration parameters?

Hope to get some help so i can really start testing this.

Cheers!

Hi Tomhag, you need to oauth info from the api.tellstick.com pages.
See the info on live on this page.
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.tellstick

Hi,

found al the settings at api.tellstik.com, thanks!

Hey

Comming back to my Openhab project, i updated to beta5, but it seems something is broken from before.
When trying to install new extensions (MQTT was the one i tried) I get this in the log files

11:31:23.492 [ERROR] [st.core.extensions.ExtensionResource] - Exception while installing extension: org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-tellstick; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.9.0.SNAPSHOT,1.9.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-tellstick)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT))“
11:31:23.494 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent ] - binding-mqtt1: org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-tellstick; type=karaf.feature; version=”[1.9.0.SNAPSHOT,1.9.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-tellstick)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.9.0.SNAPSHOT))"

I have tried to uninstall both tellstick addons ( I had 2, can¨t remember why) I uninstalled them with bundle:uninstall, this removed them from the list of bundle:list, but still throws the same error no matter which addon i try to add.

Any ideas ?

Br
Tor-Ivar Kristoffersen

Did some more testing today, and it seems that beta5 is not the issue.
I went back to my beta 4 install, and the problem is the same.

Br

Tor-Ivar

Great to finally having openhab2 version of the tellstick binding merged. Fantastic work @jarlebh!
I am currently in the process of migrating my own setup to openhab2 and have associated with it come up with some thoughts.

1. Found a small bug regarding resend count. Could some one else using telldus-core try to reproduce it as well? See this issue: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/1641

2. In the time of configuring my system I have updated the README.md for the telldus binding.
    Please have a look for missing content and spell/grammar errors: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/1646

3. I notice that the new local REST API have reached public beta. Compared to Telldus Live it’s more in openhab’s mantra “Intranet of things” to not having packets bounce in a cloud service to be able to turn on a local lamp as it is now for Tellstick Net v.1. (Eg. no internet connection = non working openhab). As I understood it all newer tellstick devices will support this features.

I have personally no interest in developing it as am using a Tellstick DUO which works but I think it would be great to support this API in the long run. It should just be to develop a new bridge, maybe: telldus-local

Take a look over here for more info: https://developer.telldus.com/blog/2016/05/24/local-api-for-tellstick-znet-lite-beta-now-in-public-beta

In addition, Happy New Year! :tada: :tada: :tada:

Since I could not find the information here nor in github description:
If openhab2 and tellduscore is installed in a 64bit environment in windows, will the telldus 2.0 bindning look for tellduscore.dll at the correct 64bit path or must I manually edit it somewhere?

I don’t think a 64 bit windows telldus core.dll exists or has Telldus
released a new driver ?

Jarle

Sorry, I must have gotten things confused.
The telldus core is probably not an 64 bit :slight_smile:
However, on github description it says:

First of all you need to make sure that your JVM is matching your installed Telldus Center. This normally means openHab must run on a 32bit JVM

I run openhab and telldus on a win 64bit system.
Installed is 64bit JVM.

I assume that the core and telldus is 32bit like you describe. So would there be a conflict since I do not have 32bit JVM installed?

Yes, you will need a 32 bit jvm on Windows.

FYI: I am actually running 64bit windows AND 64bit JVM
I know it’s 64bit JVM as i’ve confirmed by running “java -d64 -version” in cmd
running “java -d32 -version” yields an error.
It’s working for me with tellstick duo the times I’ve enabled my openhab 2 installation (I have a 1.7 that is live still).
But I’m guessing that I will probably have problems later on due to this?