Temperature just send once to KNX bus, how to cyclic sending?

Hi,

After using multiple examples how to send the outside temperature from openweather to my KNX bus, I see the temperature is just send once if the temp remains the same. how can I manage to send the temp cyclic? I have a KNX wall display and needs cyclic sending of Temp. If he does not receive the temp within the programmed timeout, then he displays — and I get a time out error.

KNX.things:

Type number-control : tempBuiten     "Buitentemperatuur"   [ ga="9.001:4/1/5" ]

I have tried also without the channel linking in the items file. with the rule it should not needed, correct?

KNX.items:

Number tempBuiten            "Buitentemperatuur [%.1f °C]"  <temperature 
{channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:xxxxxxxx:local:current#temperature", 
channel="knx:device:bridge:Thermostats:tempBuiten", autoupdate="false" }

KNX.rules:

rule "buitentempverwerking"
when
    Time cron "0 0/1 * * * ?"
then
    val double currentTempVal = LocalWeatherAndForecast_Current_OutdoorTemperature.state
    tempBuiten.sendCommand(currentTempVal as Number)
end

in Karaf Console i See “predicted to become”

08:13:00.058 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'tempBuiten' received 
command 7.83 °C

08:13:00.102 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'Humidity' received 
command 71 %

08:13:00.106 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - tempBuiten predicted to become 
7.83 °C

08:13:00.144 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Humidity predicted to become 71 
%

Because your KNX channel type is xxx-control, the normal rules about openHAB commands/states are inverted.
A “normal” channel listens for Item commands for the binding to to action.
An xxx-control type I think listens for Item state updates to act on instead, and ignores Item commands.

I say I think, because it sounds like it may only be listening for changes? Most often xxx-control is being used to turn incoming KNX messages into openHAB commands, and the reverse traffic is not often looked at.

Your weather binding should be periodically updating the Item state, even if it is to the same value. Is that not happening often enough for your KNX panel? You won’t see that in your logs, but can detect it with a little rule.

Anyway, first thing to try with your rule is get rid of sendCommand() and try postUpdate()

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately it did not help. Actually when using postUpdate() I don’t see the items changing anymore.

If you update Items to the same state, there is no logging.
If you want to make sure updates happen, you can write a little rule triggered from update and log it out.

I can’t tell you any more about the KNX side.