Template widget - tutorial & examples - make your own widget!

Thats working, thank you!

Just FYI: I’m working on weather widget in my spare time :slight_smile: Weather forecast is also on my roadmap. Let me know in the issue’s comments section what features you’d like to see there.

Cheers

This is probably a silly question, but angular is totally new to me. Is there a way of using ng-repeat with the results of an itemValue? ie I have a string item that I want to populate with a JSON object that I can then use to build a table of data in the template widget.

I have tried the following but it didn’t work, I also tried with itemValue directly in the ng-repeat line but that didn’t work either.

<div ng-init="json=itemValue('house_temp_dashboard')"> 
<div class="row" ng-repeat="i in json">
  <div class="col-xs-8 text-right">{{i.temperature}}</div>
</div>

You should use separate items, put them in an openHAB group, then go:

<div class="row" ng-repeat="item in itemsInGroup('Group')">
    <div class="col-xs-8 text-right">{{itemValue(item.name)}}</div>
</div>

Or use a comma-separated value and use split() but the above is cleaner.

Thanks ysc, I generally would use separate items. But in this particular case I really just want to display some additional information on my Dashboards around the house (recently downloaded items) and I don’t know how long the list is on any given day, it could be 1 item or 10 so my thinking was to just push it to a string item as JSON and then use the template widget to format it.

Looks like $eval could work.
Try:

<div class="row" ng-repeat="i in $eval(json)">
  <div class="col-xs-8 text-right">{{i}}</div>
</div>
1 Like

Oh that’s great! I can use it with my BloomSky JSON API. Got to give it a try!

1 Like

Great Stuff !!! do you have a snipset for a chart ?

Thanks in advance!

Why would you want it in a template and not in its own widget?

i would like to have the possibility to style it my way … fixed y-axis my be you may provide a function to retrieve the data series and an user may have the possibility to show different series with different layouts, temeratures, power etc…

i know you can set an item value (that isn’t bound to external data feed) with a slider because i tried it, can someone please write us a template with text field that edit items (numbers and strings)and solve the dilemma of Basic & Classic UI ?

i just suck at web stuff, i don’t know what kind of code i can write in a template / widget to start with …

1 Like

iḿ still thinking about top have my own chart widget, or at least to play around with.
can you give me a hint as startpoint ? what can be used in habpanel from angular framework ? is it possible to include addional functions in an widget ?

i tried:

it does not work, where do i have to place the files ?

thanks in advcance

Hi @FutureCow,

could you please share your complete code for your weather widget?
Thanks

Sorry, i’m not using this code anymore. Changed to the weather template from this forum!

Alright, Thanks - I will give that a try as well :slight_smile:

Is there a way to add a slider inside a template widget? I looked at the Angular UI Bootstrap stuff, and the examples here, but I don’t see how to do that. (I am just starting to learn all of this, so if I missed something obvious, I appologize :slight_smile: )

Update:
After searching for quite a while and making no progress, I posted the above question. Within 5 minutes, I found rzslider, and had a slider on my page. This got me almost the whole way to what I want, but I am now trying to figure out how to tie the slider to a variable. For example, I have the following code:

<div ng-init="slider = {
    minValue: {{'%.0f' | sprintf:itemValue('low_setting')}}, 
    maxValue: {{'%.0f' | sprintf:itemValue('high_setting')}}, 
    options: {
     floor: 0,
     ceil: 100,
     stem: 1
    }
  };"></div>

<rzslider rz-slider-model="slider.minValue" rz-slider-high="slider.maxValue"  rz-slider-options="slider.options"></rzslider>

This creates a slider, but with NaN for both the low and high values. (If I put in just numbers in ng-init, it works as expected)

So my question is now, how can I tie an item value, that can be read and set, to a slider so that I can display the slider, and then send the update to the item when the slider moves? I can do this with a slider widget, so I imagine it is possible, but I am at a complete loss as to how to do it.

What is the weather binding that give you icon ?

Slider -> Variable

In my case works next code:

<div ng-init="slider = {
	value: 19,
    options: {
    	floor: 18,
    	ceil: 25,
    	step: 1
	}
};"></div>

<rzslider
	rz-slider-model="slider.value"
        rz-slider-options="slider.options"
  	ng-click="sendCmd('Heating_Comfort', slider.value)">
</rzslider>

But variable changing have no affect to slider.

Thanks. The ng-click binding is probably what I want, but I still can’t set or update the value based on a variable. I was working on a template based widget to control my ecobee thermostat. What I have is shown below, and it displays the mode (heat, cool. auto, etc), the humidity, current temperature, settings, remote sensor, etc.

I was planning on doing a slider that would let me change the temperature controls, but it looks like it will take me a while to get there. Apparently, to change the values I have to set up a sitemap, which I haven’t done. (There isn’t a simple item binding that lets me change it.) I just started using openhab about a week ago, so I’m still trying to figure out how to set all of this up, and most of the instructions are based on openhab, while I am using openhab2. (Things still work, but it’s taking me a while to understand where to put files, etc) I think I’m going to try to start with just doing the sitemap stuff, and then see if I can bind a simple slider widget to that, and once all of that is done, maybe circle back around to this.

Anyway, below is what I have so far. Thanks for the response, and a big thank you to all the information here on this site, it has been really helpful in getting most of my home automation stuff set up and controlled.

2 Likes

Could you please share your template details for ecobee ?