Tesla Model 3 Integration

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efed94673a8>

Hi guys,

I just started with openHAB and do want to control my tesla model 3. Unfortunaly as far as I can see it the official tesla binding only supports the model s.

If I try to initialise the model s thing anyways it throws an internal server error 500…

Is there anyone already using a workaround or different binding to get the model 3 to work?

1 Like

I can suspect no tweak is possible, somebody will have to make evolution on the Tesla binding to take this model in account

It works for my Tesla Model 3 - EU Version.
I did not let PaperUI search with the binding. I just specified the .things file and the lines in the items file.

Have you specified the contents of the .things file correct? Login and VIN?

tesla:models:1 [ username=“xxxx@gmx.at”, password=“pas12234”, vin=“5YJ3E7EB9KF000000”]

And in the items file for instance:

Number TeslaBatteryLevel “Batterie Ladestand” (gTesla) {channel=“tesla:models:1:batterylevel”}

Yes I got it to atleast login too.

But to get or send any values I always have to wake the car up by mobile…

Does this switch not work for you to wake up the car?
Force refresh
tesla:models:1:forcerefresh
Switch


nope…

I also tried to hook up my Model 3, but I keep getting:

2019-04-17 10:41:47.968 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request drive_state : 500:Internal Server Error
2019-04-17 10:41:49.907 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request charge_state : 500:Internal Server Error
2019-04-17 10:42:00.994 [WARN ] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - Reached the maximum number of errors (2) for the current interval (15 seconds)
2019-04-17 10:42:00.995 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request gui_settings : 500:Internal Server Error
2019-04-17 10:42:09.625 [INFO ] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - Found a request token created at 2019-04-17T10:26:23
2019-04-17 10:42:35.229 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request drive_state : 500:Internal Server Error
2019-04-17 10:42:50.233 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request drive_state : 500:Internal Server Error

Yeah had that too at first but after recreating the thing 3-4 times it suddenly worked…

I’m also getting these kind of error messages:

2019-04-19 20:21:45.558 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:21:45.581 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:21:52.328 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'ispreconditioning' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:ispreconditioning' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:52.331 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'lastautopartkerror' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:lastautopartkerror' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:52.333 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'nativelocationsupported' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:nativelocationsupported' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:52.335 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'nativetype' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:nativelocationsupported' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:52.338 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'resetvaletpin' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:resetvaletpin' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:52.340 [WARN ] [re.thing.internal.ThingFactoryHelper] - Could not create channel 'righttempdirection' for thing type 'tesla:models:cbae106e', because channel type 'tesla:rightempdirection' could not be found.
2019-04-19 20:21:59.198 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:21:59.205 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:22:00.266 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:22:42.163 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:22:42.181 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: tesla:ispreconditioning
2019-04-19 20:22:54.492 [ERROR] [.tesla.internal.handler.TeslaHandler] - An error occurred while communicating with the vehicle during request drive_state : 500:Internal Server Error

It works fine for my Model 3 for the most part. It would be helpful if the author could create a method of isolating different config settings and logic, so we could easily change it for the Model 3, rather than having to fork the repo and make an entire new binding for every model that Tesla comes out with. One thing in particular that I would like to change is the idle detection: I think the binding currently uses a constant location to determine when to let the API sleep, but for the Model 3 you can just check for the lack of a shift state, as per https://support.teslafi.com/knowledge-bases/2/articles/640-enabling-sleep-settings-to-limit-vampire-loss