Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

@ptmuldoon

see: Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2 for version check

openhab should be de last nightly build as wel I believe, I update daily :slightly_smiling:

see: Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2 for update script

Success!! Color change on the Aeon Bulb is working for me now as well. And seemed pretty responsive.

I also have 2 Philips Hue RGBW bulbs here as well, and although I like the look and design of the Phillips better, I think the color change response is faster with the Aeon Zwave bulb.

One thing to make note of as well, since people are saying the channels are not getting created. It seems they actually are created correctly and the UI is not reflecting it. A hard browser refresh usually then shows the channels as green and configured. My experience anyway.

@chris 's fix of removing the device and re-adding it for the RGB bulb was the ticket. I also went through and added all the configurations from the engineering document into the database entry for the bulb yesterday. I haven’t had time to test them though. The bulb does have nice colors, I am pretty happy with it compared to the hue colors.

I think I’ve got everything here working as well as I can for now - unfortunately we’ll be stuck with Celsius for a little while. On the binding side, the conversions work, and I think if we can change the configuration, then it should be possible to configure this. However, there seems to be an issue with ESH core, and at the moment the channel config can’t be updated.

As soon as this is resolved I’ll update the configuration handling…

Some times the dimmers don’t work, then a restart clears it up:

2016-02-28 20:30:15.003 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 8: No converter set for zwave:aeon_zw098_00_000:1530ad9faba:node8:switch_dimmer

I’ll try to debug this, my dev environment is almost there :slightly_smiling:

I will give a try. But how do I update the binding? I already found on the thread how to get the binding version and re-discover the thing, but missing the update.

Thanks,

It won’t be in the binding until tomorrow…

To update from PaperUI, just go to the extensions page, uninstall ZWave, and then re-install it…

Hi Chris,

I’ve tested th new binding merged in the openhab2 repository. The binding discovered correctly my devices (right names are displayed in inbox) but it seems to stop the discovery because the devices stay off_line.

How can I verify that all the requests are treated completly ?

Regards,

Pascal

You can either check the log files - this is best - or you can simply send a command and see if it works (ie see if your lights come on). However, if the devices are offline, then this probably isn’t a good sign…

It works. Thanks.

Only one thing, the device is not using the same naming conventions you have for all other devices. Just in case.

What do you mean by this?

I had a look on logs and all the transactions seemed to be ok.
I tried to send a command (switch on) on plug and nothing happened. I saw in the trace that the binding was looking for a specific xml file for each node and didn’t find it (node3.xml for example). Does the matter come from this ?

Regards,

Pascal

When I try to switch on I have this on the logs:
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [DEBUG] [io.rest.core.item.ItemResource:282 ] - Received HTTP POST request at ‘items/zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary’ with value ‘ON’.
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [DEBUG] [.c.thing.internal.ThingManager:298 ] - Delegating command ‘ON’ for item ‘zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary’ to handler for channel 'zwave:fibaro_fgwpe_00_000:aa3aa4b2:node3:switch_binary’
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [DEBUG] [.b.z.handler.ZWaveThingHandler:582 ] - NODE 0: Command received zwave:fibaro_fgwpe_00_000:aa3aa4b2:node3:switch_binary --> ON
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [ERROR] [.c.thing.internal.ThingManager:312 ] - Exception occured while calling handler: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionjava.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:157)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:72)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:56)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.receiveCommand(ThingManager.java:301)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.AbstractItemEventSubscriber.receive(AbstractItemEventSubscriber.java:46)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:188)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.handleCommand(ZWaveThingHandler.java:599)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$2.call(ThingManager.java:304)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$2.call(ThingManager.java:1)
… 4 common frames omitted

2016-03-01 07:37:01 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemCommandEvent:43 ] - Item ‘zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary’ received command ON
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [DEBUG] [.c.thing.internal.ThingManager:341 ] - Delegating update ‘ON’ for item ‘zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary’ to handler for channel 'zwave:fibaro_fgwpe_00_000:aa3aa4b2:node3:switch_binary’
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateEvent:43 ] - zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary updated to ON
2016-03-01 07:37:01 [INFO ] [s.event.ItemStateChangedEvent :43 ] - zwave_fibaro_fgwpe_00_000_aa3aa4b2_node3_switch_binary changed from OFF to ON

Does NODE 0 means that the node3 is unknown ?

Regards,

Pascal

Also, I have to notice that the plug device worked fine with an older version of your openhab2 zwave binding.

The failure to open the xml files isn’t an issue - it does however indicate that the device probably usnt completing initialisation as these files are generated by the binding when initialisation completes.

The node 0 in the log is strange - I’ll check the log properly when I get a chance.

I don’t think you have said what the device is?

Chris

In fact, I saw the files for nodes after staring the setup.

The device is a plug Fibaro FGPWE.
I have replace the binding with the older and it works now with the same plug.

But, this older binding creates two things for the device (the first one which seems to be temporary got the label uknown and status INITIALIZING and the second one have the full label Fibaro SYSTEM FGWPE

Regards,

Pascal

@chris just curious what I need to do to get my doorbell (discussed previously in here) into the database. It’s a battery device and there’s no xml file for it. I had posted the various log entries for it, but not sure what step to take next. Thanks!

Can you open an issue on github for this - I think there’s clearly a problem with the device, and this thread probably isn’t the best place to keep track of it…

Thanks
Chris

When do you mean? Are you talking about your initial setup - ie for an older version of the binding?

What ‘older’ binding are you referring to? Please can you provide a version number - or preferably a logfile as it’s difficult to comment with such limited information…

Whats the correct way to update the binding when using the snapshot? is that through paper ui and uninstall/install it again or do i need to update the entire snapshot?
Also, what does uninstall/install of the binding do to any links that is set? If they are cleared, can i configure them statically directly in the items files or are the names/ids randomized?

/C