Testing Z-Wave binding on openHAB-2

Hello,
I give you a feedback of my little experience on zwave on Ohab2. My system is stable and work very well now, But initial configuration was a little bit diffulty…
I write what I see, maybe can help U. Thank you @chris

• The XML file is not always created when the device send his initialization
  • In the paper UI, when you find an Items with the discovery, is not recognized ( i try to click three times on button of the device to wake up )
  • The log file has lots of
2016-09-11 17:25:55.107 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2016-09-11 17:25:56.007 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2016-09-11 17:26:00.053 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
2016-09-11 17:26:01.030 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
2016-09-11 17:26:05.036 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 18: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
2016-09-11 17:26:10.038 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 19: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 0 attempts left!
2016-09-11 17:26:10.039 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
2016-09-11 17:26:14.237 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
2016-09-11 17:26:14.251 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Sent Data was not placed on stack due to error 0.
2016-09-11 17:26:18.990 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 19: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.

but communication work very well

• The configuration parameters page on things use default values ( expected nothing if the data is still not arrived after a wake up)
  • writing a parameters, i’m not sure if it work. I try some times, but values was not writed on device.
  • Motion events doesn’t back to OFF state.

Thx

Thanks for your feedback…

The XML is written once initialisation is completed - it won’t be written if the initialisation is only partly complete.

I can’t really comment too much without more information on the device and logs.

Again, I’d need to see a debug log to see what is happening. Clearly there are timeouts, so while you might thing it works “very well” clearly something isn’t working well at all…

When the device is first initialised, the binding downloads all the configuration so the config should reflect the device - if it can’t get the device informtion for some reason, then it will show the default values.

It should work, but if you have a battery device you will need to wake the device up for it to be transferred. Again, I’d need to see a debug log to see what is up, and I’d need to see a specific example.

This is likely related to what the device sends, but I’d need to see the logs. This might be improved shortly when the NOTIFICATION command class is better supported.

Cheers
Chris

Hmm I think i’m to the point that I need to NUKE zwave on my OH2 install and restart. only recognizes 1 lock and none of the wall sockets that are in the DB since 1.8.3… so. uninstall the binding and nuke the xml files and reset the gen5 stick? I know i will need to re-exclude/include everything but i need to get them recognized.

You should note that the database for OH2 is different than OH1 - just because a device is in OH1 doesn’t mean it will necessarily work immediately without some work. Please refer to the online database to see if the device is approved for starters.

You shouldn’t need to reset the stick unless you want to completely reset the network.

You shouldn’t need to do this.

OK I will check the DB.

Was just having a heck of a time excluding/including my kwikset locks… it would sometimes see them but never finish. sometimes never.

Ill try again.

Locks aren’t well supported at the moment, so I would expect problems with them right now…

and my Intermetic 3500 wall plugs are not in the DB…

You can add them if you want? You need to get an account and I can then give you edit rights - no problem.

I have an account already… :slight_smile: you need me to upload the XML file right?

Is the device in the database at all?

If so, then find it, click on the tool menu (top right corner) and click on “update” and past in the XML.

If it’s not there at all, then go to the device list, and in the top right click on the add button, and select “from OH XML file” - give it a name and paste in the XML.

If it needs parameters adding, then this is more work, but getting the above done will add most of the basic information.

OK XML uploaded and reference PDF’s uploaded

how can I help with the PARAM adding?

You can add them directly into the database. It’s relatively simple, if not a little tedious! Just go down to the Configuration Parameters section. Click on the green + button (mouseover should say “add new parameter”) and enter the data (should be self explanatory). If there are options, then you can add these in a similar way (same + button, but different place and mouseover says “Add a new option”).

Any questions, just ask…

Hello,

has somebody the same issue, that with OH2 and Habmin2, he can not define groups for items?
Is there any solution on that?

Thanks!

Yes, I think this is a known issue in HABmin at the moment and I’ve not had the chance to look at this yet.

Hello chris,

Thanks, is there a work around actually? Can i define the group in an item-file?

Thanks,

No - I’ll try and look at this tonight. I don’t expect it to be a big problem since this used to work and probably broke when I updated a library a couple of weeks back…

The other option of course is to use PaperUI until HABmin is fixed…

The other option of course is to use PaperUI until HABmin is fixed

@goldjunge4 To use the PaperUI you need to turn off Simple Mode and refresh your browser to get the Items to show up in the navigation bar

@chris I noticed that the PR for the notifications class hasn’t been closed…is that still pending? Any eta?

I didn’t want to merge it right before the beta4 release so I held off and I’ve been travelling over the past 2 days and just got home. I’ll merge tonight or tomorrow.