The item value must be multiplied by 100

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Rasperry 3
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version:OpenHabian
  • Issue of the topic:

The item value must be multiplied by 100.
I have a Homematic IP HmIP-eTRV-B radiator thermostat where I want to read the valve in percent. After the first configuration I get at 100% opening the value 1 in the Openhab and at 77% opening the value 0.77. For this reason it must be possible to calculate this value directly on the item without extra Rule.
Through research on the Internet I have found out that this can somehow go through the “Add Metadata”. Since I have not yet so much experience, I can not find a solution.

Please describe the type of your channel and the type of the Item it is linked to. You can get this 100% = 1 effect by linking plain numbers with number:dimensionless types, or by omitting default units for a Number:Dimensionless type Item.

What do you mean exactly?
does that answer your question about the item?

Certainly does, you have a Number:Dimensionless type Item. That means it holds a ratio or proportion value, so its ideal to hold a percentage.

We can’t see the type of the Homematic channel that it is linked to, though. This might be number, or number:dimensionless

But in either case, I would guess your problem is your Item has no default units of measurement assigned, and you wanted % units.
“No units” for a Number:Dimensionless is valid, and gives you a factor or fraction like 0.75
Set your Item metadata ‘pattern’ to something like %.0f %% for it to be treated like a percentage instead.

Which Homematic channel exactly did they want, where can I see it or is that enough for them:
homematic:HmIP-eTRV-B:cffcb3cc11:00201D898CAEAD:1#LEVEL (Dimmer)
If I set the “pattern” to the value “%.0f %%” the value is rounded (1 instead of 0,77)

Ah, I didn’t think of that, a dimmer type to represent valve position.
Discard your Item, make a new one of type Dimmer.

Thanks very mutch, that was the Problem! :+1: