The "new" Milight IBox and milight binding

milight
binding
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f015a04cc18> #<Tag:0x00007f015a04c9c0>

(Patrick Beard) #345

I also have a V6 box. I’ve configured that to work with my ‘First Edition’ bulbs. The MiLight Android app can control my lights with the V6 bridge. However Iif I add the V6 bridge to openhab I can’t select the ‘First Edition’ bulb type and if I select the ibox colour bulb then they don’t work and I get the following error;

Confirmation received for unsend command. Sequence number: 0

(David Graeff) #346

@MikeJMajor This is not intended behaviour, it is a bug :wink: the commit closed about 12 problems and opened this new one. Luckily this is open software and you can fix the issue yourself :slight_smile:

Cheers

(David Graeff) #347

@Scotsman Yes the milight binding never supported this mixture of old and new generation. Mostly because it doesn’t work with my V6 bridges and old gen easybulbs.

(Patrick Beard) #348

The strange thing I have now is that the binding using the V6 brindge and configuring my first gen bulbs as Colour iBox bulbs my lamp in zone one works. I can turn it on and off and can shange the colours. The other zones are configured the same but they don’t work.

Is there anywhere I can download a older version of the binding?

(Skinah) #349

There is an open source hub that can be placed into UDP mode and use this binding. It can emulate v5 and v6 iboxes and allows the use of old and new gen globes from the same hub if my understanding is correct. Google Sidoh esp8266 milight hub.

(Patrick Beard) #350

I’ve actually ordered the parts and they are arriving today so hopefully I’ll be up and running over the weekend.

I think I have a go with Matthews unofficial binding that uses mqtt instead of udp

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Just noticed. - I’ll be trying your binding. :smile:

(Patrick Beard) #351

Parts arrived. Flashed and connected together.

Binding installed and items created.

All went smoothly but I’m not getting the reliability I was hoping for. I bought a NRF24L01+PA+LNA Wireless Module with Antenna and I don’t think its getting enough power so I’ve orders some without PA+LNA to see how they get on.

(David Graeff) #352

I think I have fixed the multi bridge setup:

But I do not own multiple V3 bridges. Would be very helpful if someone could test this.

Cheers, David

(Patrick Beard) #353

My NRF24L01 without pa and lna arrived fitted and bridge working flawlessly.

(Kees Mees) #354

I have a v6 ibox, and it connect’s fine in openhab2, but when i configure it manual as bridge. All the properties aren’t set.
Example: Bridge milight:bridgeV6:mybridge [ host="192.168.0.17", bridgeid="ACCF23A6C0B9", passwordByte1=0, passwordByte2=0 ]

… host = ADDR , bridgeid = ID … got it working