The "new" Milight IBox and milight binding

Hello dear people,

I am using the Smart Stripe Controller (WL5). I can control it via the MiBoxer app. Is it possible to control it via the Milight Binding? What can I do to integrate this exotic LED controller into OH3?

Regards

41Eun4DUWJS.AC

I don’t know this particular hardware but

if you can control it via the app you should be able to control it with the milight binding. Doesn’t the milight binding find the device? What happens when you enter the IP of the device manually in the config?

Hello Felix

I tried. Unfortunately without success.

Unfortunately, the binding does not find it automatically.

Sorry I did not enter the bridge ID. The Milight Bridge (iBox) is now in “CONFIGURATION_PENDING” → “SESSION_WAIT_FOR_BRIDGE” mode.

I could be wrong but discovery is not supported in the Milight binding as the RF protocol is 1 way. Things have to be added manually via the GUI or textual. There is a note about LED strips but that probably does not apply anymore, in your case you would add a “rgbwLed” as the binding wont know what it is, only what type of remote it is emulating.

There is another way to control them with the ‘EspMilightHub’ binding and MQTT. This alternative way will control the LED strips so long as one of the supported remote types works with your LED strip. This has auto discovery and more features like the controls moving in openHAB when you use the physical remote.

EspMilightHub - Bindings | openHAB

Thanks for your answer. But I’m looking for an easier way. :slight_smile:
Does anyone know the programmer of the Milight Binding?

I can confirm this 1 works with this model. If you use the ESPmilighthub.