Thermostat not responding on Google Assistant (GA)

Hi all, I’m having problems with Thermostat in google assistant. Integration is working fine since I’m controlling light and my rollershutter (waiting for issue 59 also)

I can see thermostat in Google Asistant (GA), but it says not responding (never responded).
One question is: It is necesary to install homekit binding to make it work? If so, how to configure it if I dont have and IP Address? (since I dont have homekit).
I’m using a home made thermostat based on tasmota (with relay for heater and IR for HVAC).

Below is part of my items and sitemap files and attached is screenshots of GA error.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Regards
Martin

Items

Group g_Termostato_TSTAT "Termostato" [ "Thermostat" ]
        Number Termostato_Mode "Modo Termostato" <settings> (g_Termostato_TSTAT) [ "homekit:HeatingCoolingMode" ]
        Number Termostato_Temp "Temperatura Termostato  [%.1f °C]"  <temperature>  (g_Termostato_TSTAT)    [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {mqtt="<[oh2:tele/living2/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Temperature)]" }
        Number Termostato_Hume "Humedad Termostato [%.1f %%]"  <humidity> (g_Termostato_TSTAT)   [ "CurrentHumidity" ] {mqtt="<[oh2:tele/living2/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Humidity)]" }
        Number Termostato_Set "Set Termostato" <climate> (g_Termostato_TSTAT) [ "TargetTemperature" ]  {mqtt=">[oh2:cmnd/living2/IRhvac:command:*:${command}]"}

Sitemap

Text item=Termostato_Temp label="Temperatura Termostato" {
        Frame {
            Selection item=Termostato_Mode  mappings=[0='off', 1='heat', 2='cool', 3='on']
             Text item=Termostato_Temp
             Text item=Termostato_Hume
             Selection item=Termostato_Set mappings=[16='16',17='17',18='18',19='19',20='20',21='21',22='22',23='23',24='24',25='25',26='26',27='27',28='28',29='29',30='30']

}
        }

Hi.

For some reason the “homekit mode” has stopped working for me recently and I don’t know why.
However after removing the homekit reference in the code the thermostat works again, but will not allow any mode change, I only use it for heating so not bothered about that.
Also the Mode line needs to be a string not a number, it is shown as a number in some of the documentation but that is wrong.
Try the following,

Group g_Termostato_TSTAT "Termostato" [ "Thermostat" ]
    String Termostato_Mode "Modo Termostato" <settings> (g_Termostato_TSTAT) [ "HeatingCoolingMode" ]
    Number Termostato_Temp "Temperatura Termostato  [%.1f °C]"  <temperature>  (g_Termostato_TSTAT)    [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {mqtt="<[oh2:tele/living2/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Temperature)]" }
    Number Termostato_Hume "Humedad Termostato [%.1f %%]"  <humidity> (g_Termostato_TSTAT)   [ "CurrentHumidity" ] {mqtt="<[oh2:tele/living2/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Humidity)]" }
    Number Termostato_Set "Set Termostato" <climate> (g_Termostato_TSTAT) [ "TargetTemperature" ]  {mqtt=">[oh2:cmnd/living2/IRhvac:command:*:${command}]"}

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’ve realized that it starts to work with your solution and also removing mode from group, but as you mentioned you can’t change mode. In my case, I need to change mode and also need to shutdown thermostat and I can’t (off course is possible to slow down the temperature in order for thermostat dont turn on the heater)
So, at the first time I thought that was my configuration, but seems to be for all,
Anybody knows if there is any problem with Thermostat?
Regards
Martin

See this new issue to track for a solution:

@MARZIMA can you have a look?

I am having the same issue. I removed “homekit:” from the tag and it at least shows the ambient temperature now.

Hi :slight_smile: , always no news with the “homekit” problem ?