Thing added to model doesn't show up in model

Linux openhab 6.1.30-meson64 #8 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 24 16:32:53 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
openHAB Distribution Version Information
----------------------------------------
build-no        : Release Build
online-repo     : https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release

Repository        Version
----------------------------------------
openhab-distro  : 4.0.2
openhab-core    : 4.0.2
openhab-addons  : 4.0.2
karaf           : 4.4.3
openjdk version "17.0.8" 2023-07-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.8+7-Ubuntu-122.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.8+7-Ubuntu-122.04, mixed mode, sharing)

If I go to Things > Channels > Add Equipment To Model then check the model the thing isn’t there. The thing is in the model somewhere as if I try to add a thing from the model page then I get an error “item already exists”. I had this happen once before and then I left it and it had appeared the next day when I checked the model again, so I assume there is some action that refreshes the model at some point. Can this be triggered manually?

Or is this a bug?

What Browser are you using? Could this be related to the caching issue with Firefox?

I am using Firefox. I have tried refreshing (Ctrl-F5) and this did not seem to do anything.

There are quite a few threads of issues with Firefox…

Maybe try a different browser and see if that helps?

I see now. I did search before starting but didn’t find anything that seemed related/relevant. That seems to be the issue then, the item shows up in Chrome.

I notice the issue can be overridden (I believe, from reading Using Firefox 1.5 caching - Mozilla | MDN) by the site so I assume this can still be fixed on the openHAB side.

You do not give any details about how you created that thing.
A thing by default won’t appear in the model unless you put it into specific groups and create proper tags.

I’ve seen this issue a couple of times in the past. This latest time I have added the thing (the computerinfo thing) by adding a thing and clicking ‘scan’.

Isn’t the “Add Thing To Model” supposed to do this though? As I said above it is seen if I use Chrome so it seems to suggest it is a Firefox caching issue but your reply seems to suggest that I should be doing something else or doing it a different way?

yes. But there’s multiple ways to add a thing. Doing via “+” or scan won’t add it to the model.

OK, I didn’t expect it to which is why I did this.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.