Things wont initialize

I installed openHAB yesterday and it was working fine. I restarted my computer and now I cant get start.bin to load, the window flashes for a second and then goes away. I can open the UI but nothing is initialized. Im sure its a simple issue but I cant find it.

Run the start script from a cmd window so it doesn’t disappear when it has the error.

that worked, thanks, its telling me there is already a root instance running. once installed and set up for the service to start on startup, do you no loner need to run the start.bin?

ok, so the issue was that it was already running as per my setup yesterday, I guess you don’t have to run start.bat everytime. nothing is initialized in the ui though. I have no idea what to do now.

Add your bindings and start adding ‘things’. Then add some channels as ‘items’ that you can control.

All that has been done. It was working fine yesterday and now nothing will initialize

You mean you have no ‘things’ or ‘items’ at all?

No, there are all the ones I added yesterday, they just say uninitialized. They worked fine yesterday, now they don’t

Try clearing them and adding them again, without any logs there is not a lot that can be done.

Nothing is working here, I have removed all “things” and the bindings and now the bindings wont reinstall. the system is creating a new directory openHA-1.0, it has placed some logs in there but they are empty. the only errors I find in the logs in the main openHAB2 directory is this one "INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/21 14:06:17 | Aug 21, 2017 2:06:17 PM org.apache.karaf.main.lock.SimpleFileLock lock
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/21 14:06:17 | INFO: Trying to lock C:\openHAB2\userdata\tmp\lock
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/21 14:06:17 | Aug 21, 2017 2:06:17 PM org.apache.karaf.main.lock.SimpleFileLock lock
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/21 14:06:17 | INFO: Lock failed"
but I was getting that error when the system worked it seems.
can anyone give me any input on this? is openhab not good with windows? I hate to spend a lot of time on this to find out its just not good with the windows platform.

So: you have installed the windows service also? (maybe something didn’t work out very well with that step)
Try the following: stop the openHAB2 service in Windows and try to start OH2 using the script (C:\openHAB2\start.bat)

Which release of OH2 are you using?

I did that yesterday but just did it again and it still will not install the zwave binding. I did not remove my network binding and it is still working and found my network devices.
I am using 2.1.0

RESOLVED, I have no idea how. it just started working. … go figure.