Timeline picker to setup heating, light and so on

Hi Chris,

as first you must correct the item name in your items definition or timeLinePicker.rules.

You must type:

String TransferItem1                 "[%s]"             (gTimepicker)

So it is equal to your definition in timeLinePicker.rules.
For the item sprincklerZone i would choose Number and not String.

Thanks Torsten, missed this detail, it’s working now! Awesome, Thank you!

can i use the same timeline rules for multiple time lines,

just re defining the initial hashmap ie the bit in ----- part of config -----

for my 2nd time line definition and pass the values when i call in the sitemap

or do i duplicate everything with the different settings & names and go from there

Yes of course. You can use the one rule for as much as you like timelines. Each timeline is represented through a unique transferitem.

This is the example for two timelines.
Then customize your webview line in the sitemap and done.

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this Timeline picker thread. It looks awesome.
Don’t know why I missed it so far. Will give it a try. Thanks in advance!

excellent, works as expected,did you by change you ever look at/notice the thread that shows a time line for past events

What did you mean jeff?

I hope that the most of you will be satisfied with the presentation of timeline. My intention is to control/ switch things not to show past events. Please explain your thoughts.

1 Like

just thought id mention it, as its similar but does the complete opposite, not that ive got it working as yet :wink: , Back on Topic , I am using your timeline picker for calling a speedtest, i am sure it only operates the switch once not holds during the "on " period of programming ?

The timeline picker presented in this thread (thanks for it @tose) is checking each switch that is connected to it every 15 minutes (adjustable in the rule) and switching it if it is not in the desired position.

1 Like

I updated to the version with the zoom, but this is what I get

I cleared cache and I obtain this result bot on edge, chrome on a windows 10 pc and on chrome on android.
I reverted back the three files and everything is as before.
Should I re-install some other file?

@Lionello_Marrelli please post the output from the console in the develoment tools of your browser.
I mean it is a cache problem. Perhaps you can delete the cache for the last 7 day’s and try it again.

@tose Actually, I reinstalled the three files again and tried with a different computer and it worked. The strange thing is that it worked also on chrome for android (without any further cache clearing compared to previous test).
By the way, the colors in my sitemap are not as in the OP
It would be nice to set not only the name (TEMPLOW and TEMPHIGH in this case) but also the color, or at least have colors more different (say blue and yellow)

In any case, thank you for your hard work

@Lionello_Marrelli The browser cache is sometimes tricky. When it now works then is it ok. :slightly_smiling_face:

To select different colorsets or your own colorset is a good idea. So im not the bad boy, because of the wrong colors. Unfortunately is time the most problem. I will implement this in the next. (thats the next url parameter :scream:) Please remember me or create a issue on gitlab. https://gitlab.com/RNTs_3/openhab-timeline-picker
Thanks

1 Like

enhancement :grinning:

1. I have added the possibility to select predefined colorsets for the presentation of states in UI or to define your own colors for each state. (url- parameter: &colorsets=…)
    The documentation in the original post is updated.

For an update download the files from the master branch https://gitlab.com/RNTs_3/openhab-timeline-picker/tree/master and overwrite the existing files. The current switching points should be retained.

4 Likes

Is anyone willing to test a new function?

I have added the ability to temporarily disable the timeline picker.
The next screenshots should describe the use.

In the lower right corner is the button for deactivating the timeline.
After press this button the presentation is changed:

Now one can see the last state (only if at least one switching operation has been carried out) and no further switching operation is done.

For activation the timeline press the button in the upper right corner.

The upgrade procedure:

1. download the project files from this branch: https://gitlab.com/RNTs_3/openhab-timeline-picker/tree/disableAbility

2. Create a additinoal Item:

String TimelineHelper                 "[%s]"
  1. Replace the index.html, switchPointSet.js, switchPointSet.css and timeLinePicker.rules files.

2. The file prefs.js must be placed in the folder: openhab-conf/html/time-line-picker/js/

3. Don’t forget to insert your own config in the timelinepicker.rules.

4. Add the url parameter: &deactivation=true

5. Clear the browser cache and done.

Please give me a short feedback if everythink works.
Thank’s Torsten

4 Likes

Give me some time (I’m away from home and I’m still missing the possibility to “VPN2Home”).
I will do the test next week.

Very cool feature!

cool feature. If I get it right there is only one Item which controlls this deactivation-feature?

I use the timepicker for different things to controll. But with the new feature I will deactive all of them because it is the same item for all. Is there a way to just deactiveate one of my time pickers?

Hi, very nice and usefull, the whole timeline picker feature. Is it not possible to integrate it with a binding?

Best regards

Johannes

@HomeAutomation
Yes, you will deactivate all items assigned to the transferitem in your rule file.
To control single items is not planed.

@johannesbonn
I have already thought about the integration into a binding. But the moment is difficulty.
Where does the road from openhab lead?

• to start a new binding is difficulty - reintegration from eclipse, missing ‘get started’

• new config UI is not clear

I would favorit javascript as language and was looking for a way. (JSR223)
Creating items and assoziated groups is possible with REST- interface.
But i have no idea how can i write into the jsondb to save config data.
Also the trigger at system startedup is not working.
That’s why I can’t get on with binding.

I thing also a extra config area would be very helpfull.
Meanwhile there are quite a lot of parameters.