Tiny Android-based TFT wall panel

This how looks on the wall

@Aleksandr_Kondratev What is this device? Where can I get this?

1 Like

this is thermostat.
Based on ESP12 and Nextion display.
If you have question, send email to support@lytko.com
or easy way, we have grop in telegram messenger https://t.me/LytkoG

I think someone picked up my idea and posted on Kickstarter. Just support! I baked my part.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159751026/23-smarthome-touch-display-w-wlan-for-55mm-switch-series/description

Hi, where can i get this wallmount Case?

Have you read the two posts above?

1 Like

I do like the idea of these but alas, not having neutral in my light switches means this is a non-starter for me :frowning:

Kickstarter project are running out of time - I just signed up for three units, but I fear it will not reach the funding goal.
(Just a reminder to those of you who are on the fence - I have no connection to the project it self).

Guys. Here is another project like this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sonoffnspanel/sonoff-nspanel-smart-scene-wall-switch/

This time from Sonoff and most likely to be succesful. However I have no idea how to connect it to OH yet, but pledged one.

Yes I’m tempted to buy one too hopefully they are based on the esp platform which has plenty of firmware options.

Has any tried to displayed Basic UI in Google Hub Max? If that can be displayed and controlled then there is no need to have a standalone display. I always wonder about this whenever I walk by the Google Hub Max at Costco.

Google Nest devices don’t run Android and don’t have web browsers, so you can’t access an openHAB UI or install the app. However, you can control any devices that are exposed to Google Assistant using the screens. I never do that though, since I can just use voice commands.

Personally, I don’t see value in wall-mounted screens as control interfaces. If I want to control something by touch, I already have my phone and tablets that are just as easy, if not easier, to pick up. I have an old Android phone on the wall running Habpanel, but it’s purely to convey information at a distance.

Not everyone has phone or tablet always in hand. Kids, Grandmas, me, when going to bathroom…
And unfortunately neither Google, nor Apple or Amazon want to extend their voice coverage to cover my language.

I would argue that most people just need/want a standard light switch, particularly when going to the bathroom. :wink: Again, it’s just personal preference. I like my wall-mounted controls to be simple and easy to operate without too much thought. For anything more complex, I’ll use my phone/tablet/computer.

Ah, that is unfortunate. Sorry, I didn’t consider that since this is an English-speaking community.

That’s correct. My system also doesn’t often requires interaction. But from time to time, I do view states or manually control certain things via the phone or the desktop / laptop browser.

Although for ease of use for other people in the household, it is still useful to have some sort of tablet that doesn’t require log in, that auto turns on the screen based on proximity and auto displays the application. Probably an old tablet would do.

HabPanel Viewer or Fully Kiosk Browser can wake on proximity, but the reliability depends on the device you’re using. I have a tablet that lives next to my couch, so that it’s within reach whenever I want to be lazy and control something without getting up. I don’t have HPV on it, but it’s easy enough to open openHAB.

I’m a little wary of the compatibility being limited to Sonoff and eWeLink devices at release (with Philips promised for the future). However, wanted to note for you that work is being done on a binding for these devices. Maybe it’ll be possible to add this device in the future.

This is what I have now for 5 years already and this topic about similar thing, but smaller and more targeted to smart home control - raised from my requirements after long-term smart home usage expirience.
Let‘s be tied to this topic and do not raise holywars here.

No one’s trying to start a war. HPV or Fully on an old phone/tablet is a similar solution to what you suggested in your original post, but not as elegant/intentional as the project you pitched. So, I think it’s as much on topic as the Sonoff Kickstarter you mentioned in reviving this thread. Even though I’m not personally interested in it, I tied in the post to the eWeLink/Sonoff binding since I thought it might be beneficial to you.

1 Like

Just as update - Sonoff NSPanel Pro seems to be the device, I tried to propose. I’m playing with it now - results are here:Sonoff NSPanel Pro as an openHAB control panel
I’ve tested standard NSPanel, but it has a very limited GUI, so not very interesting.