TP link binding problems with HS100

If you configure the device in PaperUi with ip address it will set the device id and then update the ip address if it changes. The device id is an unique id (technically it’s possible to change the Mac address, but the device id is fixed for each device). Re-adding with device id doesn’t make a difference, unless you would give it a different thing id.

From the other comments, it sure seems like this is the issue. Have you tried disconnecting the AP to see what happens?

I have a Netgear Orbi that I use in bridge mode, so my ISP router/modem does the DHCP. It performs well, but I find the administration to be frustrating. If you can run network cables to the locations of your mesh APs, then look for a system with wired backhaul to get the best performance. If your mesh APs have to connect via wifi, I recommend a tri-band system that has a 2.4GHz band, a 5GHz band, and another 5GHz band that is only used for the main box to talk to the APs.

Most of the inexpensive mesh products are only dual-band. That’s fine in many cases, but I don’t see a point in limiting your network’s potential if you can avoid it.

1 Like