Tradfri device incorrectly detected

Hello,
I have four Tradfri light panels, four remote controls and one gateway.

I set up the binding and authorised the gateway. Three panels and four remotes were added correctly and one panel was added with wrong name ‘FLOALT panel WS 30x30 4’ and wrong device type ‘Non-Colour Controller’. It should be called ‘Office North’ and the device type is ‘Colour Temperature Light’.

I tried to delete the invalid entry and it comes back a few moments later in the inbox with the same values. I then tried the cache clean - stopped the service and cleaned tmp and cache files, but the same results.

This is on a new build of openhabian 2.3 on a Pi 3B+

Steve

Hi Steve,

A short question: Did you try to discover the fourth panel while it had been switched on? We observed some failures with color temperature lights which had been off during discovery because the TRADFRI API seem to skip sending some values for those.

Hi Christoph,
thank you for the reply. I tried this, but did not succeed.

switch on the panel
delete the panel from Things
immediately stop the openhab service
clear the cache
start the openhab service
wait for the panel to be re-added.

When the panel came back, it was still with the wrong name.

The panel that has the problem is the farthest from the Tradfri hub.

regards
Steve

May I ask you to enable DEBUG or TRACE logging while discovering an working and the failing panel? We somehow have to figure out what is the difference between your fourth panel and the rest.

Did some updates before reading your latest post.

I saw that the Office panel was also missing from Homekit. Found notes that said deleting a device from the Tradfri IOS app and re-adding it should result in it being added to Homekit.
Specifically.
Power on the Panel
Remove it from IOS Tradfri app
Add panel - press the remote dimmer’s pairing switch for around 15 seconds
Panel is detected and added to the Tradfri app
Named it Office North in the app.
Discovered the panel had been added to Homekit.

At the same time, I could see Office North appeared in my inbox where I could add the thing and channels.

That is all the Tradfri panels and remotes added. I do have a second issue. On OH2.3 restart Tradfri does not reliably come back online.

In the logs, the first tradfri message is:

2018-09-07 12:29:04.968 [WARN ] [iscovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address: [ServiceInfoImpl@3756231 name: 'gw-b072bf27b9bd._coap._udp.local.' address: '(null):0' status: 'DNS: JmDNS-IP-1 [/192.168.86.250] state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data, empty]
2018-09-07 12:29:21.366 

a few moments later:

2018-09-07 12:30:25.818 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:0830:gwb072bf27b9bd:65542' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Gateway offline 'UNKNOWN' to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2018-09-07 12:30:26.165 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:gateway:gwb072bf27b9bd' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2018-09-07 12:30:26.174 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:0830:gwb072bf27b9bd:65540' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Gateway offline 'UNKNOWN' to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-09-07 12:30:26.179 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:0830:gwb072bf27b9bd:65536' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Gateway offline 'UNKNOWN' to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-09-07 12:30:26.183 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:0830:gwb072bf27b9bd:65542' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

A few restarts and it will be back online - but sometimes I get a similar issue with Sonos :frowning:

Let me know if you want more details here or in a new thread.

thanks’ for the support
Steve

Hi Steve,

I am glad you got the forth panel working. Thanks for your help too.

The TRADFRI connection issue after OH2 restarts is already known (see Tradfri binding loses connection after Power failure / gateway reboot).

Thank you @cweitkamp I was able to follow that article. After the first IP address change the light panels and hub all came online. Bet a few hours later I could see they had gone again. After the second IP address change (back to the original) they have now been online for two days.

Steve

You are welcome. I hope we will find a solution for the open issue soon.