Tradfri over Deconz/Conbee changing brightness (and color) - not able to change brightness!

Good evening

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
    • Java Runtime Environment: the one which is installed with the release
    • openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.9-1
    • Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    • Kernel = Linux 5.4.51-v7+
    • Processes = 110 running processes of 32768 maximum processes
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
    Because of recurring stability issues with Tradfri and Tradfri Binding (on openhab), I replaced Tradfri Hub with hue gateway. I wasn’t happy with Tradfri Bulbs over hue, so I moved all Lights (Tradfri and Gledopto RGB+CCT controller) to a Dresden Electronics Conbee Stick, configured over Phoscon App, running Deconz Binding, no hue Binding.
    I have some rules where the change of color of the bulbs indicates some events. Over Deconz binding the color of Tradfri Bullbs is done over HSB. So I’m able to change the color of bulbs, but I’m not able to change brightness. Some time ago I’ve read, that Tradfri is not able to change color (Hue, Sat) simultaneously with brightness so I decoupled it by storing HSB values and applying Hue, Sat and Brightness in two steps with a delay of about 600ms in-between. Didn’t work.
    The rules worked with Tradfri Hub and Tradfri Binding perfectly (but had stability issues, as I mentioned above…)

• Please post configurations (if applicable):

• Items configuration related to the issue
        Switch Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Switch "Schlafzimmer [%s]" <light> (gLampen, pSimH) { channel="deconz:extendedcolorlight:NedogsBeeGW:Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer:color" }
        Color Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Color "Schlafzimmer Color [%s]" [ "ColorfulLighting" ] { channel="deconz:extendedcolorlight:NedogsBeeGW:Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer:color" }
        //Dimmer Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Brightness "Schlafzimmer Brightness [%s]" { channel="deconz:extendedcolorlight:NedogsBeeGW:Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer:brightness" }

// comment
//      * It seems that there is no brightness channel possible for color under Deconz binding (right?)
//      * using Tags for homekit because metadata homekit= behaves strange...
  • The simple rule I came back after hours of more or less not very successful tests… because there must be a simple solution I guess

rule "Arm_Disarm S-Schaltung"
when
   Item Si_SSchaltung received update
then
   if (Si_SSchaltung.state == ON) {
       //backupColorSchlafzimmerON = Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Color.state as HSBType
       Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Color.sendCommand("0,100,10")

} else {
       //backupColorSchlafzimmerOFF = Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Color.state as HSBType
       Tr_Li_Schlafzimmer_Color.sendCommand("34,55,100")
   }
end

Wenn activating item Si-SSchaltung, the alarm rule gets armed. This shall be indicated by the bulb going to red 100% brightness and dim then to 10%. When disarming alarm, the bulb shall going back to a warm light on 50% brightness.

The color is changed, but the brightness is not changed.

Can some give me a hint so I can manage to get these rules working again with the new setup (tradfri over Deconz)?

Thanks a lot in advance

Jan

I’m having the same problem on OH3, deconz via Conbee II with Tradfri. For me, the lights will blink shortly after receiving the command, but the brightness will not change. Did you manage to find a solution?

Found a workaround: If I add the lightbulb not only as a colorlight but also as a dimmable light, I can dimm it from within a script (using the newly added dimmable light). Seems like that shouldn’t be necessary and like I’m missing something… probably during the thing setup?

Hi guys,

month later i’m strugling with the same issue.

is there any solution for that?

Note that openHAB allows you to send simple brightness commands to Color type Items as though were Dimmer types, e.g.
myColorItem.sendCommand(75)
It’s up to the binding author whether anything gets done with that, or if it does something different to full color commands, but you might have a play and find out.