Tried to set invalid state (StringType) on item, ignoring it

Hi
When I checked the logs again today after a long time, I stumbled across the following errors, which appear every minute. I found several report with similar problems in the forum, but I could not derive a solution for my error. Incidentally, following metadata is stored for the item mentioned

value: " "
config:
pattern: “%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1tY %1$tH:%1$tM”

it was generated by default via the NTP binding. When I delete the metadata there is no change in error codes

2023-03-20 19:49:57.663 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem  ] - Tried to set invalid state 20.03.2023 19:49:58 (StringType) on item LokaleZeit of type DateTimeItem, ignoring it
2023-03-20 19:50:57.665 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem  ] - Tried to set invalid state 20.03.2023 19:50:58 (StringType) on item LokaleZeit of type DateTimeItem, ignoring it
2023-03-20 19:51:57.665 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem  ] - Tried to set invalid state 20.03.2023 19:51:58 (StringType) on item LokaleZeit of type DateTimeItem, ignoring it
2023-03-20 19:52:57.665 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem  ] - Tried to set invalid state 20.03.2023 19:52:58 (StringType) on item LokaleZeit of type DateTimeItem, ignoring it
2023-03-20 19:53:57.665 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.items.GenericItem  ] - Tried to set invalid state 20.03.2023 19:53:58 (StringType) on item LokaleZeit of type DateTimeItem, ignoring it

Openhab 3.42

Something is posting a date time string to the LokaleZeit Item and that is neither ISO8601 format nor the Java standard date time formatting which replaces the timezone offset with a bracketed timezone name.

The state description pattern is irrelevant here. You need to find out what’s sending this value to the DateTime Item and put in a transformation to convert it to a supported format.

Thank you. The item receives the updates from the NTP binding. The pattern is from the binding documentation.

Are you sure you’ve linked the right Channel to the right Item type? There is a string channel and a dateTime channel. The string channel must be linked to a String Item. The date time channel must be linked to a DateTime Item. You can’t mix and match. The type of the channel and Item must match.

Note, that state description pattern is only valid for a DateTime Item.

The config of the item should be correct in my opinion.

The correct config is described here: link
One channel is a string type

The error is complaining about an Item called LocaleZeit. This screen shot is for LocalZeit_String. Indeed this Item appears to be correct, assuming it’s linked to the string channel of the Thing. But it’s irrelevant. That’s not the Item it’s complaining about.

It seems like that was it. The correct item was defined as a group. Thanks