Trigger HomeKit device

I stumbled upon this thread looking to control a HomeKit device with my OpenHAB implementation. The feature on HomeAssistant is in what I would call active development. The code is accessible here:

I’ll see if I can understand the workflow logic…

Hi,
I’m also interested in a binding for openhab that works like the HomeKit Controller of Home Assistant.
Is there any progress yet?

Hi,
Same here - very interested in this feature.
Any plans to include homekit controller function similar to home assistant?
br
Christian

I‘m also interested. I‘d like to read temp/humidity values vom HomeKit devices into OpenHab. Is there any workaround to do this?

It seems to be a pretty popular feature in HA: “ The HomeKit Controller integration was introduced in Home Assistant 0.68, and it’s used by 10.1% of the active installations.”
I love the Homekit integration in openHAB and it works really well and appears seamless to the end user once setup correctly (IMO much easier than they Alexa tagging as there is no need to restart the service/skill) but it was only when I grabbed a couple of smart plugs on a cheap ‘add-on’ deal that I realised the other way around integration was missing.
I’m not going to whine about it being missing, as the current integration is by far more important :smiley:, but thought the above HA stats might help persuade someone with the requisite skills, if they were wondering if it would really be worth the effort.
The HA analytics page is quite interesting, is there an openHAB equivalent?