Hi,
I’am having a simple rule in OH3
rule System_started
when
System started
then
logInfo("System started", "STARTED------------------")
end
but this is never executed.
Not for the initial creation, not when i am touching an items file and not when i touch the rules file.
In the log is just the message the rule file is loaded. Item and Group triggered rules are working file. Logging as well.
Whats going wrong?
jimtng
(jimtng)
December 22, 2020, 10:50am
2
I noticed the default logging level for jsr223 has changed. I had to set it using
log:set INFO jsr223
This rule is not jsr223, its still a dsl rule.
jimtng
(jimtng)
December 22, 2020, 11:03am
4
Same basic idea. Replace jsr223 with whatever is applicable. Or just send a command to turn on/off something to see if your rule runs
Can you tell me how to create a javascript file based startup trigger?
Is nobody using javascript filebased startup triggers? Or have anybody another idea?
Ahiel
(Ahiel)
December 29, 2020, 11:35am
7
I see the rule don’t working at my system too.
Only when running it manually using the Rules UI.
I think it is a bug…
opened 11:05AM - 12 Sep 20 UTC
closed 01:34PM - 12 Dec 20 UTC
bug
automation
DSL rules
When using the [demo.rules](https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/blob/0d9e3… 273e42bbd907c18bb99d22acda56ce805b5/features/distro-resources/src/main/resources/rules/demo.rules#L75-L129) file the rules with the "System started" don't seem to be executed at startup.
They do get executed when I manually trigger the rules from the UI.
It's most likely caused by https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/pull/1451