Trouble Configuring Hue Bridge in PaperUI

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPI3+
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: 2.5
      I installed the HUE 2.5 Binding and started to configure it in the things section of PaperUI receiving a permanent Configuration Error: " Fehler bei der Authentifizierung. Entfernen Sie den Benutzer zur automatischen Generierung eines neuen Benutzers über die Hue Bridge." It looks like my user is not being accepted. I use the name I enter in the https://account.meethue.com/bridge plattform which is my eMail Address.
      Anyway I am a little bit puzzled that the user is masked, so it looks more like this configuration expects a hash or something similar.
      Any ideas where I receive the right user name to enter here?

best regards
Joerg

Ahh, easy mistake to make :grin:.

You should put the Hue bridge user in there, not your Hue App account, which looks like this “AZV1232ZexILkImdelBisdZWvkP8HBgk3loHK1FM”.
It should be in the log file when authorizing the bridge (pressing the button) if I remember correctly.

Hi Ron,
thanks for clarification - I am doing my first steps in OpenHab and a few topics are really confusing.
I did not believe that the user will be seen in the logs, even better will be entered in the item directly. It didn’t work directly when pushing the button.When I removed the binding of the bridge from the HUE account everything worked fine - readding it to the iOS Apps after this worked too and now HUE is working great - thanks for your support! Really appreciated!
best regards
Joerg