Troubles with Popp KFOB Zwave - no secure inclusion

After I had to reinstall my system, I have problems to safely include my Popp KFOB again. Before that, they ran flawlessly.

My system runs on 2.5 M1 with Aeotec AEOEZW090-C Aeon Labs USB Stick, after research in the forum the safe mode should be supported with with falling back from latest snapshot to 2.5. My procedure

I set the USB stick to factory defaults and deleted all XML in the zwave folder. Then I restart the Raspberry to be on the safe side.

In the controller I increased the time from 30 to 45 seconds and set the secure inclusion mode to “all devices”.

Then I set the KFOB to factory settings (all four buttons for 5 seconds, the button 3 and button 4 three secons)

The inclusion (KFOB management mode plus shortly button 1) works - after waking up a couple of times the KFOB is added correctly to the inbox.

But I can see in Habmin that the safe mode is not used and the buttons don’t work either.

Here is my log file and there is a line called

2019-04-25 08:05:54.430 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 2: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY is NOT required to be secured

log.txt (217.0 KB)

What’s wrong with this? I’m really happy about every hint, the first 8 hours are over … :frowning:

From a quick look in the log, it seems that the first attempt worked ok - I’m not sure that it received the final ACK from the device, but at least the secure inclusion started ok. After that, maybe 30 seconds later I see another attempt - unless you reset everything (which you didn’t) it will not work. The secure inclusion MUST start from a completely reset device as it MUST complete within 15 seconds.

Thanks @chris - I switched back to the latest snapshot and for whatever reason it worked initially. I have no idea why.