Ok, my thermostat just keeps giving me issues with GA. Always works fine with paperui or habmin. First I already had to split it to appear like two thermostats to GA since GA can’t seem to understand separate setpoints for heating and cooling. In the past it has randomly decided to just not report anything to GA and I have had to work on the item file to fix it (may have been related to the changes the GA integration has been going thru). Last time I asked for help we got it working with the issue that it would first show as “other” mode when I pulled it up in the home app and I had to “switch” it to the mode it was actually in the make any changes.
Now it won’t let me switch.
I’m at the end of my rope with this and am looking for either an answer or a way to set up a usable habpanel item to control the thermostat.
RCS zwave thermostat model TBZ48A (rebranded GoControl TBZ48)
current items file:
After a month and a half of testing in multiple situations (and dealing with a hurricane and other issues) I can say that mapping the GA functions to the numbers in the documentation has fixed the mode issue and lets me use my thermostat (as two separate for heating and cooling) in Google home app and via voice. Thanks to @Bruce_Osborne for the link to the docs!