Trying to get bticino interface to work

Hi, I am new to OpenHAB and would like to use it to power my bticino setup. I have downloaded the demo and even though it reports some errors in he batch window, it seems to be ok in the browser.

I then update the demo with the bticino settings as per the bticino page. The web seems to be OK, but the bact window reports and ERROR as follows:
2015-12-28 10:45:04.729 [ERROR] [penwebnet.MonitorSessionThread] - MonitorSessionThread.run, exception : null

When I run the web demo (not bticino demo), it starts reporting java io errors as follows:

2015-12-28 10:45:11.739 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘demo.rules’
java.io.IOException
at com.myhome.fcrisciani.connector.MyHomeSocketFactory.openCommandSession(MyHomeSocketFactory.java:159)
at com.myhome.fcrisciani.connector.MyHomeJavaConnector.sendCommandSync(MyHomeJavaConnector.java:167)
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.initSystem(OpenWebNet.java:136)
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.checkForBusScan(OpenWebNet.java:127)
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.run(OpenWebNet.java:107)
java.io.IOException
at com.myhome.fcrisciani.connector.MyHomeSocketFactory.openCommandSession(MyHomeSocketFactory.java:159)
at com.myhome.fcrisciani.connector.MyHomeJavaConnector.sendCommandSync(MyHomeJavaConnector.java:167)
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.initSystem(OpenWebNet.java:139)
java.io.IOException
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.initSystem(OpenWebNet.java:142)
java.io.IOException
at be.devlaminck.openwebnet.OpenWebNet.initSystem(OpenWebNet.java:145)

I have loaded the latest bticino bindings - with the same result.

Any help will be appreciated.