Turn Insteon Keypad LED button on/off

Is there any way to turn the insteon button LED light on or off from the insteonPLM binding?

Yes, you need to follow the instructions at: Insteon PLM Binding · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub

I have followed the instructions, and I have configured the buttons and they work fine, The thing that I don’t see though is how to turn LED on the actual button on the keypad linc on/off

here is my .items

Dimmer KitchenDiningTable "Dining Table [%d %%]" <dimmablelight> (gDownstairsLights) [ "Lighting" ] {insteonplm="30.64.CB:F00.00.15#loaddimmer"}
// Keypad buttons
Switch KitchenDiningTableSwitchA   "Kitchen button A"   {insteonplm="30.64.CB:F00.00.15#keypadbuttonA,group=0xf3"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableSwitchB   "Kitchen button B"   {insteonplm="30.64.CB:F00.00.15#keypadbuttonB,group=0xf4"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableSwitchC   "Kitchen button C"   {insteonplm="30.64.CB:F00.00.15#keypadbuttonC,group=0xf5"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableSwitchD   "Kitchen button D"   {insteonplm="30.64.CB:F00.00.15#keypadbuttonD,group=0xf6"}

I have set up a rule to respond to the button press on the keypad which works:

rule "Kitchen Keypad Button B"
    when Item KitchenDiningTableSwitchB received update
then
    if (KitchenDiningTableSwitchB.state == ON) {
        sendCommand(sceneGoodMorning, ON)
    } else {
        sendCommand(sceneGoodMorning, OFF)
    }
end

I have the buttons in a sitemap and trigger them on/off that works also, the problem is that the button LED state does not change.

I have a rule that does bascially the same thing. Do you have the button configured to both respond and control the group? I have this for my keypad:

2017-01-28 10:21:05.957 [INFO ] [g.insteonplm.InsteonPLMActiveBinding] - device 22.F6.88 found in the modem database and the modem controls groups [0xFE,0x03,0x04,0x05,0x06] and responds to groups [0x01,0x03,0x04,0x05,0x06].

Here’s the log file entry:
device 3F.0C.BC found in the modem database and the modem controls groups [0xFE,0x01] and responds to groups [0x01,0x02,0x03,0x04].

FWIW I would love to use insteon-terminal to modify the links but I cannot (https://github.com/pfrommerd/insteon-terminal/issues/10)

I do have the Indigo software that I can use to modify the links, but I’m just not sure what I need to change.

The instruction manual for the keypad should explain how to link the buttons with the PLM. @Bernd_Pfrommer, any suggestions for insteon-terminal?

I think I either figured it out, or figured out a workaround.
Using Indigo, I set up four new broadcast ‘groups’ for the insteon PLM each one controlled one of the button LED’s
I added them to my items file:

// Keypad button control
Switch KitchenDiningTableButtonA "Kitchen Button A" {insteonplm="0F.9D.D9:0x000045#broadcastonoff,group=5"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableButtonB "Kitchen Button B" {insteonplm="0F.9D.D9:0x000045#broadcastonoff,group=6"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableButtonC "Kitchen Button C" {insteonplm="0F.9D.D9:0x000045#broadcastonoff,group=7"}
Switch KitchenDiningTableButtonD "Kitchen Button D" {insteonplm="0F.9D.D9:0x000045#broadcastonoff,group=8"}

I tested it by adding it to my sitemap and it worked, toggling the button on/off turned the LED on and off.

For the record, the keypad still says:
device 3F.0C.BC found in the modem database and the modem controls groups [0xFE,0x01] and responds to groups [0x01,0x02,0x03,0x04].

Sorry John, I don’t do Mac, so I couldn’t be of help with the serial port issues you have with insteon terminal

No problem Bernd, thanks for the response