TuYa TS0601_cover Rollershutter Configuration Help

So if go into the UI and move the dimmer to 17%

events.log reports openhab sent this…

2021-09-01 19:25:46.208 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Highlight_Blind' received command 17.0

2021-09-01 19:25:46.220 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Highlight_Blind' predicted to become 17.0

2021-09-01 19:25:46.226 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Highlight_Blind' changed from 0.0 to 17.0

But MQTT monitor says it received 0.17

How is the message getting lost?

It’s legitimate to present 17% as 0.17 (of one) if converting to an ‘ordinary’ number, such as when linking a Dimmer Item to a number type channel.

Where to from here?

Would any of these channel configurations be able to help me?

• transformationPattern
  • transformationPatternOut
  • formatBeforePublish

Well, we did suggest linking a Dimmer type Item to a dimmer type channel. Would you like to try that?

Ooh sorry I must have missed that! Of course I’ll try that! :slight_smile:

I cant believe i missed that, changing the channel type to dimmer! THAT WAS THE ANSWER!!

@rossko57 thank you so so so much. Thanks for your patience after I missed the answer a few posts ago. Thank you.

This community has been so wonderful and helpful. Very happy and grateful. Thank you! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The ideal would be to link a Rollershutter type Item to a rollershutter type channel. This should work in the same way for numbers, because Rollershutters have a percent state and commands just like Dimmers.

You can present a Rollerhutter on your UI as a slider, instead of default up/down buttons.

You can add transformation features to convert UP/DOWN commands to numbers, or to whatever your device interprets as up/down commands.