Tuya zigbee 4 button remote

• Platform information:

• Java Runtime Environment: 11
    • openHAB version: 3.4.0
  • Issue of the topic:
    I have a couple of tuya 4 button scene controllers. I initially had it connected through Smartthings but with the zigbee binding in OpenHab 3.4.0 supporting these units I decided to join them directly through an ember USB stick

The unit works but sometimes it shows as OFFLINE in the UI and I have to press a button to bring it online and have OpenHab respond to button presses. Also on a regular basis the four LEDs blink once.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Here is the config

UID: zigbee:tuya_ts0044:1d626943b7:b4e3f9fffe14e67c
label: ZB Controller 2
thingTypeUID: zigbee:tuya_ts0044
configuration:
zigbee_macaddress: B4E3F9FFFE14E67C
bridgeUID: zigbee:coordinator_ember:1d626943b7

Thanks

Can you share a screenshot, mode number, link to the device or similar??

Please see below

Oh that’s completely different from what I have.
Humm… are you sure you’re not having link quality issues? Have you tried leaving the switch next to the antena to see if it happens again??

Edit: also, is that the stock battery? Try replacing it with a good quality new battery.

I don’t think it’s a link quality issue. The distance to the USB stick is about the same as the distance to the smartthings hub. Just to check, I left one of the remotes in the same room as the USB stick and this morning it showed OFFLINE.
These units don’t come with a battery, I had to buy them.

My experience:
If the Zigbee coordinator (Zigbee2MQTT) dies, the 4 button remote doesn’t seem to re-join the Zigbeee network when the coordinator is back online. I have to remove the battery to revive the device.