Two amazon accounts for Amazon Echo Control Binding

Hi,

I have two Amazon Echo in my household running with two different amazon accounts (from my kids as this allows connection with individual Spotify accounts per device).

I want to add both echo devices to OpenHab with the Amazon Echo Contol Binding. I was able to add the first by creating a bridge with the first amazon account. But I fail to add a second. If I create a new bridge for the second account and the open http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/ I see both bridges. But I can only open the first one already configured which shows me the device. If I click on the second link to connect the account NOTHING happens.

Anybody with the same problem?

Thanks

Which version of the binding?

I tried a 2nd account right now and it works. I had a similar problem a time ago, but with the current version everything is OK.

Binding: 4.0.4
Running with openHAB 4.0.4

Is there a way to debug? I can set the log level in the settings. Where can I find the log file?

The openHAB version of the amazonechocontrol binding is very outdated and has a lot of issues. Try the SmartHome/J version.

Thanks, I deleted all things, removed the binding, added the url for the SmartHome/J repository and installed the other binding (version 4.0.1). Linking with one account works again, but issue remains for the second. I can see it on the account overview but clicking does not do anything.

Hi,

I’m not sure, but I think this is because of amazon disabled the alexa.amazon.de endpoint. I have the same issue. My first account is working (this is agains my theory) and the other two react on the same way as you mentioned.

For me it looks like an authentication issue…

EDIT: I just checked that again. Seems as all three accounts are working and this is just an error in the logs!?

It may be that there is an issue with the servlet (like the logs from @SteWers in the linked post suggest).

I just rechecked the 2nd account with OH 4.1.0 and binding 4.1.0. It seems, that both accounts are working. There are no errors in the log. Maybe Logout and Re-register helps.

1 Like