Two apartments, separate LCN systems, one or two instances of OH3?

I’ve just begun getting rolling with OH3 on a rPi, plugged directly into an LCN USB module and running LCN-PCHK on the rPi. Nice, simple, plug-and-play, all-in-one solution to control lights and shutters (and eventually heat and other, so far hidden, LCN capabilities).

Now I’m expanding into a second apartment with a completely separate LCN system, any suggestions on the best way to integrate? It will essentially be one large apartment from a usage standpoint.

I’m assuming the simplest would be to just have a second rPi connected to that apartment’s USB module, running just PCHK connected with a second LCN bridge. Is there any reason I might want to build it out as a second OH3 install and link it up to the primary OH3 that way?

I’m probably overthinking it, but let me know if there are questions or considerations that I don’t know enough to to raise.

Thanks,
Matt

Future proofing, against the day they are two apartments again.
As you already note, it’s easy enough to cross-link two OH instances and have a unified UI…

Good point. Since I’m only renting I’ve been thinking I will have to take the OpenHAB parts out when I leave, but I guess there is a possibility the landlord or new tenants would want to take it over. Guess I’ll read up on cross-linking.

My hope is to run USBIP on another Raspberry Pi and present the virtual USB interface to the rPi that is already running LCN-PCHK and OpenHAB.

Can I connect one copy of LCN-PCHK to two LCN-PKU interfaces?

Do I need a second license for two USB connections? It will still only be one connection to OpenHAB.

Vielen dank,
Matt