Two Items linked to one thing - how to remove it?

Hi all,

I’ve got a problem I didn’t encounter before and need your advice to solve it.

Whenever a motion is detected on one of my Motion sensors, another one is triggered as well at the same time.

2019-11-09 10:57:20.046 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWave_OG_Vorraum_Motion changed from OFF to ON 2019-11-09 10:57:20.049 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWave_Wintergarten_Motion changed from OFF to ON

The items do not have the same channel in my Items Configuration file.
In PaperUI all looks good.

When I look at the Thing ZWave_OG_Vorraum_Motion in Habmin, I can see that there are 2 channels linked to the Thing. (ZWave_Wintergarten_Motion in addition).

When I now try to unlink this item in Habmin, an error is reported back, saying that the Channel is read only and the item therefore cannot be delinked.

What can I do to get this channel delinked? :thinking:

I’m somewhat hesitating to do the karaf command smarthome:item remove ZWave_Wintergarten_Motion would do more harm than good to my setup.

Any advise to solve this, would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Kurt

Make sure you have a backup and it works.

Then you can uninstall the item via karaf command. Karaf command can also be used to install/reinstall the item if you find that it’s needed.

Had the same issue here with two items each linked to two zwave things. I solved it by deleting both items from my .items file, saved the file and later included both items again one by one.