Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

I’am facing the same issue… did you solve it somehow?

Yeah I found this: http://techblog.vindvejr.dk/?p=403
You need to use the last seen parameter and wrtite a rule on that for the presence detection.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: a good work around.

Hi. Do you have work in progress for making the binding compatible with OH3?
Would be ready to test the binding on OH3 especially in the context of (un-)blocking wired and wireless devices.

The unifi protect binding is progressing. I will probably post a beta in a week or so. Currently fixing snapshot images of motion events.

/s

2 Likes

I’ve published the first version of the binding:

Hey guys, could any of you running a UDM / UDM-Pro give me some feedback over on my repo’s issue?

Thanks!

Hi,

Any chance of looking at the large buffer issue reported in a few other places? It’s all but failed.

Thanks.

Has anyone updated their controller to 6.0.x yet? I’m still on 5.12 and I’m wondering if I should stay on 5.12 for now.

I just updated my OH installation to 2.5.10 and I’m running the included/standard UniFi binding 2.5.10. If I update the controller will I have to use one of the newer builds? 132 looks like it’s the most recent version, if I’m reading it right.

Thanks,

~Mark

I’m running 6.0.22 controller, with the #132 build of this binding. No issues.

I only use the binding to detect connections to the guest network though.

The only reason I updated the controller was because I changed the device that the controller was running on, so just did a clean start.

Hi. Do you have work in progress for making the binding compatible with OH3?
Would be ready to test the binding on OH3 especially in the context of (un-)blocking wired and wireless devices.

I am using (un-)blocking wired an wireless devices with the latest OH3-M3 Milestone and the included Unifi-Addon without problems. It was just working out of the box.

1 Like

I’m running UDM Pro 1.8.3 firmware, 6.0.41 controller UI.
I’m running Openhab 2.5.3
I’m unable to connect to the UDM Pro via the user I’ve created separately (and tested from a browser).
I don’t know how I’m supposed to try this binding - do I need to try load a beta version?
Thanks for your guidance.
Ben

UniFi OS is not the same as original Cloudkey firmware. For UDMPro the login is a bit different. I’ve written code in java for logging in on UDMPro in the UniFi Protect binding, which I have reference on github. It’s not that difficult to fix the login for UDMP. Unfortunately I’m not running unifi anymore (except for protect cameras) so I can’t really help out since I don’t own any UniFi Protect access points anymore.

This is the github issue:

Hello,

i would like to use the Unifi Binding, but it seems like 2FA is actually not supported. Are there plans to integrate 2FA?

Alex

I think the way to do it for now is to create another user, e.g call it “read only” and do not require 2FA for that user. That way there’s no security risk that that user can change some setting or do something critical.

Good idea, i tried it out and the read only access works fine so far. Just hoped, i can control my wifi’s etc. with the binding. I think this will not be possible with read only access.

I’m a tiny bit confused with all the versions and different products going around. Especially since the OS of the CloudKey has recently changed with a firmware upgrade.

I have the CloudKey 2+ with firmware 2.0.24. I have managed to connect the unifi protect binding.

Should I be able to connect this binding as well or does the UDM/Pro login solution need to be implemented first? I’m just not sure if I have some solvable error or if I’m just wasting my time for now.

I suspect you can’t use it. There is a dev version floating around that might work, since I’m not running unifi anymore i cant confirm

1 Like

I have the CloudKey 2+ with firmware 2.0.24. I have managed to connect the unifi protect binding.

How did you manage?

I cant get the controller binding to work…

When I switch from 8443 to 80 I get

CONFIGURATION_ERROR
Error establishing an SSL connection with the UniFi controller

and when I switch to 443 I get

COMMUNICATION_ERROR
com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 2 column 12 path $

@redbear-ger You misunderstand. I successfully got the “Unifi Protect” binding to work with the CloudKey.

I suspected CloudKey+ with the new >= 2.0.18 firmware does not currently work with the regular Unifi binding yet which also @Seaside somewhat confirms.

@Seaside has implemented the proper authentication for the Protect binding but no such solution seems to exist in the regular one.

A bit more info here.