Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

ok, did that. do i need to deinstall the one installed via paperui? How can i check which one is used?

I donā€™t know the correct answer, but yes, I would imagine you canā€™t have two versions of the same binding running. Remove the old one using paperUI, then restart openHAB again.

In the console just make these two commands for replacement of binding:

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i unifi
246 x Active x 80 x 2.5.7 x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: UniFi Binding

openhab> bundle:update -r 246 https://jenkins.otr.mx/job/openhab2-unifi-binding/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.unifi/target/org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

This way binding will be replaced. However it will be replaced again when you upgrade Openhab.

Just since this thread started as a feature discussionā€¦

I am just using the network binding to ping devices, although I do have a UniFi setup. Is it possible (I donā€™t believe itā€™s currently present as a feature) to use this binding to make changes to the UniFi Controller settings? The use case Iā€™m interested in is the ability to adjust the WiFi schedule (when itā€™s on or off) directly from OH. Just figured Iā€™d check and see if it is even possible to automate this request so I can do some dynamic scheduling.

ciao Matthew,

I hope you are well.

Just a quick question, maybe a silly one but ā€¦ any chance to see the ā€œofficialā€ Unifi binding reflecting the new features we have in the #132?

what do you think?

thanks
Andrea

Iā€™m currently working on a unifi protect binding, but there is still work to be done before I can release it.

/s

2 Likes

Hi all,
I have tried to do this after upgrading to 2.5.9 but it seems that no atter what I do the system just upgrades to binding 2.5.9 automatically. The version that is installed doesnā€™t have support for wired connections.

If I uninstall the unifi binding via paperui is there a way to install this version via CLI and have it maintained rather than constantly overwritten?

Thanks in advance!

Scratch that. Itā€™s uninstall the paperui binding and then install via CLI:

bundle:install https://jenkins.otr.mx/job/openhab2-unifi-binding/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.unifi/target/org.openhab.binding.unifi-2.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

Iā€™am facing the same issueā€¦ did you solve it somehow?

Yeah I found this: http://techblog.vindvejr.dk/?p=403
You need to use the last seen parameter and wrtite a rule on that for the presence detection.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: a good work around.

Hi. Do you have work in progress for making the binding compatible with OH3?
Would be ready to test the binding on OH3 especially in the context of (un-)blocking wired and wireless devices.

The unifi protect binding is progressing. I will probably post a beta in a week or so. Currently fixing snapshot images of motion events.

/s

2 Likes

Iā€™ve published the first version of the binding:

Hey guys, could any of you running a UDM / UDM-Pro give me some feedback over on my repoā€™s issue?

Thanks!

Hi,

Any chance of looking at the large buffer issue reported in a few other places? Itā€™s all but failed.

Thanks.

Has anyone updated their controller to 6.0.x yet? Iā€™m still on 5.12 and Iā€™m wondering if I should stay on 5.12 for now.

I just updated my OH installation to 2.5.10 and Iā€™m running the included/standard UniFi binding 2.5.10. If I update the controller will I have to use one of the newer builds? 132 looks like itā€™s the most recent version, if Iā€™m reading it right.

Thanks,

~Mark

Iā€™m running 6.0.22 controller, with the #132 build of this binding. No issues.

I only use the binding to detect connections to the guest network though.

The only reason I updated the controller was because I changed the device that the controller was running on, so just did a clean start.

Hi. Do you have work in progress for making the binding compatible with OH3?
Would be ready to test the binding on OH3 especially in the context of (un-)blocking wired and wireless devices.

I am using (un-)blocking wired an wireless devices with the latest OH3-M3 Milestone and the included Unifi-Addon without problems. It was just working out of the box.

1 Like

Iā€™m running UDM Pro 1.8.3 firmware, 6.0.41 controller UI.
Iā€™m running Openhab 2.5.3
Iā€™m unable to connect to the UDM Pro via the user Iā€™ve created separately (and tested from a browser).
I donā€™t know how Iā€™m supposed to try this binding - do I need to try load a beta version?
Thanks for your guidance.
Ben

UniFi OS is not the same as original Cloudkey firmware. For UDMPro the login is a bit different. Iā€™ve written code in java for logging in on UDMPro in the UniFi Protect binding, which I have reference on github. Itā€™s not that difficult to fix the login for UDMP. Unfortunately Iā€™m not running unifi anymore (except for protect cameras) so I canā€™t really help out since I donā€™t own any UniFi Protect access points anymore.

This is the github issue: