Ubiquiti Unifi Binding Feature Discussion

I think it was the last version because I installed it just now

Hi Matt

Ive been using your binding with great success but i believe its quite old now

191 x Active   x  80 x 2.3.0.201804122004     x UniFi Binding

My only complain is the Iphones take ages to display online or offline, the Android is fast so I guess its not a binding issue but more a phone issue. Has recent changes to the binding improved this by any chance?

Thanks! And great work!

Iā€™m having the same issue : cannot block clients and status is not seen in Habpanel
OH 2.4 with binding which is available through paper UI
Unifi Controller 5.10.24-11676-1

How can I debug? :slight_smile:

Which binding version do I have to use for OH 2.3?

I tried 2.5 latest snapshot, in Paper UI I can see my ā€œsiteā€ and a configured device as ā€œonlineā€:

But all items do not have any values.

Thanks & regards
John

WiFi Experience,

Has anybody wrote a rule to do a ā€œreconnectā€ on devices that have a low Wifi experience on the network?

Iā€™d like to do this maybe at night when there is a client struggling based on their value being below 40%.

Thoughts?

Best, Jay

here same issue, iā€™m able to connect to the controller create a Things (smartphone connected on the wifi) but in the channels i do not have the blocked / reconnect channel.

any advice in troubleshooting this?

Can the current UNIFI Binding capture device mac addresses for unknown devices? After my 2nd porch theft this week, I am wondering if I can leverage my UNIFI controller to capture strangers cell phone mac addresses when they are in range of my UNIFI WAP? This way the next time a theft happens, I can correlate the theft with my home security camera + front porch motion sensor + Openhab to send me a notification a photo, date/time and a MAC addressā€¦

I am in the progress of learning OpenHAB and have been watching tutorial videos for OpenHAB all this weekend.

I am working on setting up my UNIFI controller and OpenHAB to detect home presence of my wife and I, but this is when we are connecting to a secured network. I suppose I would need to create an OPEN wifi SSID with no routes to anywhere to get a mobile device to attempt to connect and therefore capture the MAC.

Would the UNIFI Binding be capable of doing this?

Not unless they try to log onto the Wi-Fi.

What would/could you work on for your is this.

Youā€™d monitor for new devices, log that to m1tt and based on that, OH/other could start recording

Think it should work

same here on OH2.4

During some free time I have been checking current JAVA code and the one from 2.5M1
Seems like the code for Blocked is no longer there however I had a clue what could be wrong.
Will keep on digging further as the Blocked option is something I need to keep my kids away from wifi :slight_smile:

Hey guys, sorry Iā€™ve been MIA hereā€¦ still settling in the new house and trying to tie up loose ends before I can really sit down and get my automation in order. Soon as I can get some free time, Iā€™ll try and help all of you the best I can.

Matthew

Did you build a castle? :smiley:

1 Like

Donā€™t know if you guys have seen this but could possibly be something for this binding. There will be led panels that can act as APs as well.

1 Like

Sort of :see_no_evil:

Truth is we moved in when there was still work to be done outside. Iā€™m trying to finalize my alarm system as itā€™s quite complicated and the wife and I are going to go on vacation to de-stress from the years of ā€œremodelingā€

I bet both of you need the vacation very hard by now. Though I have always wanted to build my own house, I have yet to try it myself. But I know there alot of things to do and to remember, even trying to get all things right the first time can be a huge challenge.
WeĀ“ll all be here, when you return :smiley:

Iā€™m having a bit of an issue with this Unifi binding on my system. It was working fine before I rebuilt my system onto a Pi4 (so I must have done something different of have a different version perhaps??).
The issue is that when my phone goes off the network, my garage door closes ā€¦ great. But 10 minutes later (when I am about 10km away) the Unifi binding reports that I am back on the network ā€¦ and kindly opens the garage door again. :frowning: (looking at the events log, it even reports the IP Address of the phone (that is now 10km away - my wifi is goo - but not that good).

A full 15 minutes after that, it decides that Iā€™m away again.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? Any suggestions?

Hi Guys,

My Iphones are dropping off the network, persumably due to deep sleep which is causing scenes to operate as the presence gets set to OFF. Is there a mechanism to prevent this? I couldnt see anything in the readme. Thanks

@Hobohome Do you have some kind of VPN running on your phone in the background? Or Zerotier perhapsā€¦

@paddyb Good thought! I never thought about that.
I do have the ability to manually VPN into the network from my phone - but this is not automatic (as far as I know). Also, the IP address indicated by the binding is not on the VPN subnet.
So, I donā€™t think that is the issue.
I have now removed the binding instance from the add-on folder and installed the version from the Eclipse IoT Market (via PaperUI) - I will see if the issue continues.

Matthew,

any idea when POE will make its way into the binding? I had a look at Home Assistant which already has the possibility to enable/disable POE which is great to switch of stuff when not at home.

tia

Han