- Platform information:
- Hardware: Synology DS216play, STM Monaco STiH412 2 core 1.5Ghz, GB RAM
- OS: DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6
- Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_192
- openHAB version: 2.3.0 or 2.4.0
- Issue of the topic: I upgraded openHAB from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0. I did this (possibly incorrectly) by making a backup and installing the newest version of the Synology package over the old version, as upgrade isn’t supported (yet) as far as I understand. However, even though I think I saw the UI list it as 2.4.0, I now see 2.3.0 in the footer of the root UI (where you can select which UI you want to use). But in `/userdata/etc/version.properties, I see 2.4.0. Should this worry me?
- Items related to this issue: none really, though the reason I updated was because of this thread hinting that an upgrade would fix an “unknown device” issue with a Fibaro smoke detector (it didn’t for me). But that’s another issue, I would like to be sure that I’m on 2.4.0 first.
How did you make the backup? How did you restore the backup? Did you clear the cache after your upgrade?
I created and restored the backups by using the backup and restore scripts that are part of openHAB (as mentioned in the docs).
By clearing the cache, do you mean my browser cache? Or does openHAB have some sort of cache?
Hm, restarting didn’t really help. I might have botched it. In the end, I just removed openHAB and reinstalled it.