Unable to set parameter 41

I am trying to disable the led ring for the Fibaro wall plug with HABmin. When I change parameter 41 the interface continues showing a ‘waiting…’ message. I can see the new parameter value in paper UI. But the led ring itself is not changing.

Please help.

Update: added screenshot

@chris Since you are online, would you have a clue on this one? :slight_smile:

Not really. I note that this parameter is only in 1 version of this device. If you have a log file I’ll take a look to see if it’s being set ok.

I don’t have one of these so can’t test locally unfortunately.

Will a log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave in the karaf console do?

yep - perfect :slight_smile:

While talking, I was updating my RPi, so I’m currently running build #884. The “waiting…” message does not show anymore, but the ring still isn’t working.

The log does not show much when I click the Save button in HABmin (setting log level to TRACE does not show anything else:

2017-04-16 17:20:26.791 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Configuration update received
2017-04-16 17:20:26.859 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Configuration update config_41_1 to 0

Could it be that HABmin is mistaken? Paper UI shows I have a 102 device, but perhaps HABmin thinks it’s the 101?

It does - but it doesn’t log “you clicked the save button” - it logs when configuration is updated though, and it logs the messages sent from the controller to the device, and it logs the responses… All useful stuff :wink:

I can’t see how this is possible since both UIs are reading the same information. Neither UI is deciding the device type - the binding does that. Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean when you say they are being identified differently by the two UIs?

You state that the 102 device does nit support the 41 parameter, but it is available in HABmin. See my screenshot. Or do you mean the 2 versions of the 102 device in the database?

If so I will check the database against the manual and update accordingly.

HABmin will only display what’s in the database - it’s not deciding anything itself.

I just noticed when looking at the two versions in the database, that only 1 version (the newer one I think) has parameter 41. The older one doesn’t have this parameter.

I found this manual for (probably) a different type of device. This device has parameter 61 instead of 41 for color setting. I have not properly investigated yet, but perhaps the versions got mixed up. The 3.2 version is zwave plus compatible.

The manual referred to in your database is:

Your 102 device for 2.1-2.5 refers to manual

which looks like being for the 101 device.

Fibaro official manual page is:

http://manuals.fibaro.com/wall-plug/

102 3.2+ : http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGWPEF-102/FGWPEF-102-EN-A-v2.0.pdf > param 41
102 2.1-2.5: http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGWPx-102/FGWPx-102-EN-A-v1.00.pdf > param 61

Problem is, my device is reporting itself as I have ref 0600:1000 (from XML) which is mapped to your 3.2+ version.

==> my guess: (see the black popups in the screen shots!)

device type:id for 2.1-2.5 == 0600:1000
device type:id for 3.2+ == 0602:1001

just my 2 cents.

BTW, the ‘unique reference’ for both records is ‘fgwp102’. Perhaps these should become fgwp102v2 and fgwp102v3?

Solved.