Unable to start Pax Web server

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Rasp3b
      Hello dear community,

I’ve been using OpenHub for a few weeks now and I’m thrilled. When I thought that I was at least somewhat familiar with my requirements, today the total crash happens.

I started my Rasp and according to the log, the server can not start. I think, if I interpret this correctly, that the IP address is already taken. With such problems, I realize how much I’m still at the beginning. I hope someone can help me or give me a starting point.

Looks like something else already uses port 8080.

1 Like

According to CMD netstat -ano the 8080 is not used, not even when I start the Rasp / Openhab. I’m afraid I would have to reinstall OH and set it up. That’s not so bad, but if I make the mistake again, I would want to know what the problem was. I only opened a server yesterday via ESP but it only runs Dash on it with port 80.

the port on that address is already in use.

You can check if an other service is running on that port by running

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 8080

in a linux shell on your Pi.
This should show the pid ( process id ) and program that is using that port.

1 Like

Yes! You are right.

I probably never restarted the Rasp after the camera binding. I’ll try to uninstall it.

admin@growbox:~ $ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 8080
[sudo] password for admin:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8080          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      496/motion

I think motion is not the camera binding at least not the ipcam binding.
I would expect ports opened by bindings to be shown as java program/process ( instead of motion ).
So I assume you have a different program motion running on that port.

In case both instances ( motion; OH (java ) ) are required to run on the same host one of the services need to run on a different port. Normally that can be configured.

2 Likes

It was IP Camera Server called motion. I was able to change the port in the configuration file and it worked. Thanks for the quick answers! Day saved.

For posterity, a screenshot of the setting.

Screenshot_13

1 Like